bent push rods !!

defenderjack

im thinking that that engine would be a gear timed unit ! very few of those will be cambelts ! check rocker shafts and it may have bent the valves if its come down hard ont he pistons might be worth poping the head/ heads off for the cost of a gasket it may be peace of mind !

so twisted hicap , so far ....... your cleaning my fuel tank and now rebuilding my engine ! ha lol .:biggrin:

not over familiar with that engine but.... does it have a 'de-compressor' lever at all, that will hold a valve open an cause probs,, other than that, as already said-timing problems, i live fairly locally if a 2nd opinion is needed, h.p.s. at east grinst will be able to supply any parts you need 01342 327300

not over familiar with that engine but.... does it have a 'de-compressor' lever at all, that will hold a valve open an cause probs,, other than that, as already said-timing problems, i live fairly locally if a 2nd opinion is needed, h.p.s. at east grinst will be able to supply any parts you need 01342 327300

not sure about a decompressor valve ? in my limited machanical knowledge id say no but wouldnt be 100 % , hps ? never heard of them but would be well handy as the only place ive got parts from in the past are in derbyshire , much appreciated mate

not sure about a decompressor valve ? in my limited machanical knowledge id say no but wouldnt be 100 % , hps ? never heard of them but would be well handy as the only place ive got parts from in the past are in derbyshire , much appreciated mate

Hydraulic Plant Services, H.P.S. google them, im sure they have a good website, i use them regularly for all sorts of plant related stuff, a very good place to know, they are on charlwood ind estate which is between east grinstead an felbridge, 2 mins away from the a22, they will deliver down this way if they have other bits in the area to deliver, if not i drive past them most days on way home to hailsham, might save you a journey!!