Log ID please

egnsean

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Steve, the fire was in, but i would'nt say burning particularly hot when i put them on, they didnt hiss at all just burst in to flames after a minute or so, dont know much about trees but the way they burned i thourght they must be ash. i will put more photos up because i am intrigued now as to what they are, as i have about 2 cube of them,thanks for the reply

was the fire going well before you put them on:confused1: if you lit a fire with them from wet, i want to know your secret.

Tony i thought they were Alder at first:blushing::laugh1:

Hi Steve, the fire was in, but i would'nt say burning particularly hot when i put them on, they didnt hiss at all just burst in to flames after a minute or so, dont know much about trees but the way they burned i thourght they must be ash. i will put more photos up because i am intrigued now as to what they are, as i have about 2 cube of them,thanks for the reply

alder goes almost completley orange on the cut, like ash goes pink, lime does it in far less prominent degrees.

so its LIME:001_tt2:

Yes i do agree but ive been cutting a lot of alder recently and im amased how diffrent the wood and the bark can be in the same tree . When i have cut and moved straight in to shed it hasnt gone orange andit looks very much like said picture so all though i agree im not convinced :biggrin: