Moan Groan winge whine...

PeteB

Just got called to the door by an embarressed local Bobby, aparently, someone has complained that my two kids and a mate have been riding around the green area (dogs toilet) behind the house on an old ride on mower. Yes, I know that it's not right, but what harm are they doing really, and why is it people try to stop others from having fun because they are miserable! The people that have complained are probably those who had a miserable childhood and now let their dogs crap on the green area and pretend is wasn't them!!!!

Anyone know how much 3rd party insurance on an old Westwood with no deck is?

Yip there starting to come out of the wood work now kids get a telling off cus they dont go out to play...saying that they spend to much time on XBoxs PS2 PC etc... but when they do go out side they get told off for been to noisey or kicking a football catch 22 for them sucks :(

why not organise a ride on mower race, set up a proper coned off area, involve the kids on the maintenance side of it so they learn about engines, then race them? Invite the local bobby to get involved too. Better they do something like this than roar about the highways and byways of this land in stolen cars.

What laws were they breaking riding a blimmin mower?

What would the Bobby rather have?Kids having a laugh or kids loitering outside the off license?

Sad.

In England there is a catchall offence of "MPV - MECHANICAL PROPELLED VEHICLE". This can encompass many forms of transport, and ultimately means the riders can commit criminal offences.

This is rarely used by the Police, because lets face it, it doesn't look good taking kids to court for riding a mower on grass!!

Also don't be too hard on the Bobbie. Not all of them are ****-*****. Over the past few years the government have removed any discretion from the bobbie and so when the local problem neighbour rings in to complain, he can no longer be told to "FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH HIS TIME" a speedy and justifiable response is required.:scared1:

IMO as long as the kids aren't mowing anyone down, let them have some fun for a change.:thumbup:

If the kids are only allowed to enjoy what the Government outlines as "fun".Then how many Artist's/Adventurer's/Leaders will there be in the UK's future?

I suppose the Police Officer's embarrasment at having to respond to Children riding a mower show's that at least he found the complaint rediculous.But the next generation of Police might not.They'll be a product of the "Nanny States" current policies.

Sad

I think that the bobby was embarressed because he had to respond to a complaint yet found three polite, well mannered children who apologized for the inconvenience caused instead of three foul mouthed chavsters, who know their rights and cannot be touched, a bit like the yob who jay walked infront of me and found that I'm not afraid of them, and horns blaring and ABS pulsing is frightening!