Could we learn from the europeans

twistedhicap

I think we could learn from europeans. When their governments get greedy and plunge the country into debt they stand up to them. This prevents the man in the street from becoming so much of a soft target. When fuel hit a pound a litre the country was virtually shut down in about 2 years its gone up nearly 50% yet nothing. I think alot of the backbone has retired or emigrated.

As regards the above 2 posts, I worked in Germany and its funny that they have the least working hours per week in Europe, yet have the highest productivity.

From my own point of view, and I may be wrong, its because they are more advanced politically and their unions and government will often work together, same with the Norwegians.

Its not likely. England has never learned from europe, except for braile and one or 2 other things, and maybe learning things maybe soon forgot or too late.

Tend to agree with that, excuse me if I m wrong, but do most English people not even see themselves as being European?

:confused1:

They are not in the Economical union, but are European and along with the Swiss are in the broader European community.

:thumbup1:

The Norwegians (are european as are the British) but choose for certain economic reasons not be be in the EU so the nice fresh salmon and moose meat can be sold into the EU without ROW taxes but also receive funds from the EU.

This protects the Agricultural/Forestry/Fishing industries in Norway from the european markets. Sweden Finland/Denmark have a more liberal outlook.:001_smile:

The public here would have a problem with log purchase in bundles.

Edited by TRADITIONAL LOGGERS
Spelling

This protects the Agricultural/Forestry/Fishing industries in Norway from the european markets. Sweden Finland/Denmark have a more liberal outlook.:001_smile:

Excuse my ignorance, but I used to think there was no differance between Sweden and Norway, but after staying in both countries, I found Sweden very friendly and we go back there every other year for our holidays.