Where's best to buy firewood processors?

Fahrenheit

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well not sure whether i said it in this thread or another but the guy i've been passing all my customers to for wood over the years charges £130 a cube and they're begging him to delver but he won't.......Just the other day i had a customer telling me that they'd been buying wood off this guy for years and he's just turned around and said he won't deliver anymore as he's got too much on! I have customers begging me every day for dry firewood. Another guy is selling it wet at £110 a cube.

If you guys are flogging it at £80 a cube, processed and seasoned.......could i buy it from you processed but green? Say 20 - 30 ton at a time. Delivered obviously. What sort of costs? PM me if you don't want to discuss prices and such on the open forum.

Both open and burners. We often get recommended by the local wood burner store but they are so anal about the wood being 20% . The only way to work it is people buying their firewood a year in advance. If you buy cord a year in advance pay someone to cut it up then pay rent and storage for 9 months and interest on the loan there simply is nothing left in the pot. Unless you have the ideal premises sitting doing nothing it simply is not scaleable. I have someone who will load an arctic with 1 cu metre bags for £50 a bag in vat. Another merchant delivers tipped loads 3cu for £160.

You may get £130 a cu in some areas in Jan feb when everyone has run out after a hard winter but u wont get that in September.

I enjoy my log business but only do it 1-2 days a week. If I were u do the same seems a shame to take your time away from a profitable core business. There is a saying the only thing you get out of selling logs is a bad back :lol:

I must say that the Hakki Pilke seem a nice machine....i'd come to the conclusion that Hakki Pilke was the way to go....was looking at Riko but they look pretty naff.

To be honest if i just break even from it it would be worth doing as it will strengthen our retail and installation side of things and i'll spend less time dealing with customers with shitted up stoves due to wet wood.