Indespension trailer lights - total crap; LED conversion?

TimberCutterDartmoor

I've heard rumours of an LED conversion kit (with voltage buffer if neccessary) for these and similar trailers? Anyone know anything?

The standard lights on the arse of my tipper are so poorly thought out they fail on a daily basis - the bulb-holders are soft metal etc etc.

Had enough of them!

I know what you mean, everytime i go over a speed bump the bulbs get knocked out of place, then the cops pull me over for having broken tail lights! Another thing i dont like about them is the way they sit out from the trailer instead of being 'inset' , very easy to hit if your reversing.

i have a similar problem with landy lamps, all the wiring for the lighting circuits has been replaced and now the remaining faults lie within the bulbholders, you push a new bulb in and it pops back out within seconds, i just bought a bunch of heavy duty bulb holders with grub screw type connectors, i'll build them into the existing lamps and no more problems:thumbup:, i did consider led lights but had already bought a heavy duty flasher unit as it's rare the trailer is not attached, now the landy is wearing back lamps robbed from a trailerboard and i just need to rebuild the fronts.

i have a similar problem with landy lamps, all the wiring for the lighting circuits has been replaced and now the remaining faults lie within the bulbholders, you push a new bulb in and it pops back out within seconds, i just bought a bunch of heavy duty bulb holders with grub screw type connectors, i'll build them into the existing lamps and no more problems:thumbup:, i did consider led lights but had already bought a heavy duty flasher unit as it's rare the trailer is not attached, now the landy is wearing back lamps robbed from a trailerboard and i just need to rebuild the fronts.

I've had this with replacement units for the landy, had about 3 or 4 on one light, the plastic either isn't tough enough or it's not moulded to the right dimensions, the pins on the bulb just wore past the grooves of that make sense, then the bulb popped out. Finally solved it with a genuine unit, but I tried both wipac and britpart ones.

treated the old tug to a full set of wipac genuine crap lamps 12mth ago, 1st pic -yep that is smoke, one of the contacts in the bottom of the plastic bulbholder fused against the side contact when a new bulb was inserted, and melted the wire right back to the switch, pic2 -12mth old:thumbdown:. lost faith in the loom and re-wired all the lighting circuits with a new fuseboard and new switches completely separate to the original loom/fuseboard:001_smile:

5976594d54a85_jan033.jpg.203ee158805d474ce3ad28ba8bb74c84.jpg

014.jpg.50144798dae0897092190fa909923165.jpg