who sharpens your chipper blades and for how much per blade

treesnakey

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange plant think it's 15 quid a pair. Great job and service/advice etc.

Thats who I use now mate, top people to deal with, but I'll pick them up in person next time I'm up home to save the postage!

I was well impressed they got them razor sharp again (hollow ground) but hardly removed any metal, so should get loads of sharpens out of a set.

Unlike a firm mentioned in a previous post who removed nearly the whole blade (brand new, never sharpened before) down to the wear line, and didn't have the decency to sort it out.

As said though, Saturn always did a great job in the past.

How often do you change them on your timberwolf Mark. I feel like mine need a change soon.

I have a timberwolf mate and just change them when it needs it, I forget how often but check them each day:thumbup1: Like Stephen said on here I would of laughed years ago but now I save as much wood as I can from the arisings as I can, meaning chipping mostly brash. It makes a big difference on the life of the blades. I do this religiously with hedges etc because I heard of someone shoving a a small bit of timber through from a hedge and it had a thin metal bar inside it smashing the chipper to bits! Gives me shivers haha