cscs ??

Ross Beaumont

Rite.. iv been asked to get a cscs card, so that i can contract to a company that works on building sites. Iv looked at the websites and just dont understand wich card i need to apply for and how i train for it. i know its some sort of health and safety test but i dont no how to practice for the test. as i can not find any website that offers the training. as it is £75 i dont want to book somefing i dont have a clew about and not no wich card i need.

any help would be great thanks :thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, its not as bad as you believe,it is a test which you can elect to have at one of many test centres.

There are different grade cards, I have a black one which is a contracts manager but all you need generally for a building site is the basic card.

Look up Construction skills certification scheme on the internet, book it and they send you a date and importantly a book which you use to learn the actual test questions.

Most of it is common sense and all about Accident prevention, Health & Welfare, Personal protective clothing (PPE) signage and noise and vibration etc etc

Be careful as some questions are a bit tricky as there are maybe two or three answers and you generally have to choose one. In summary no problem go for it nothging at all to worry about, you have lote of time and you sit at a PC and point and click at your selected answers.

Trust that helps, any questions come back and I'll answer.

Kraftinwood

Woodturning Large Bowls and Hollow Forms, Australian and Native Burrs.

When i did mine i would say its hard to fail.

call your local test center explain what you do and what you need it for and ask witch card you need and they will do all the hard work.

There is a list of localtest centers on their web site.

good luck!

just get the book (£12 i think from constructionskills) and read it once or twice then go for the touch screen (green card i think) test. if you have half an idea about safety and have a bit of common sense you'll be fine. i'm senior management in heavy civils and have always got by with a green card. technically i should have done a few more cards but as long as yo uhave the touch screen/green your fine

hiya mate, you will need a white card if your on the tool's. it says on my card tree surgeon contruction related industry. The test is a complete insult to anyone's integence, i think it's a licence to print money!!!!

spot on what a complete con this is

fortunately we've never been asked to produce one which makes it even more of a con if you think about it