Do all professional chainsaw users think joe public users are fools?

egnsean

Chill your beans man. Very defensive way your putting yourself across and it just seems like your fighting every view that aint yours.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burnt.

Sam :)

very sorry if i come over like that i dont intend to sound that way, must be the way i type but i do not try to offend:blushing: i am willing to listen to and appreciate any help and advice from pros but you must admit people saying they would like to film you having an accident then posting it on youtube is not very nice not to mention detremental to the forum, and very unprofessional, sorry if i offended anyone:blushing:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get wound up me chilled more than a chilled thing:001_tt2: make sure you do a through risk assessment for your camcorder (electric shock,static discharge,repetative strain injury ect ) when you film my demise:biggrin: your prob is you think you work in the most dangerous game going, whilst it is dangerous its not the worst, so grow a pair go to bed and remove the HSE book from under your pillow cos you will get a crick in your neck and wake up in a worse mood tommorow:thumbup1::laugh1:

Grow up mate! you asked, theyve said, they know better than you.

no one cares what youve done before you couldve been a bomb disposal expert but that dont mean you can pick up a chainsaw and use it safely.

Grow up mate! you asked, theyve said, they know better than you.

no one cares what youve done before you couldve been a bomb disposal expert but that dont mean you can pick up a chainsaw and use it safely.

Doesn't mean you can't, either.

I've met plenty of those "ex bushmen" who apparently know what they are doing with a saw because they've worked in the bush for so long. The stories they tell make me shiver and I wonder how they are still there to talk to me. I've then met the odd DIY'r who has gone out, bought the saw, bought the safety gear and taken himself on a two day course to learn the basics. Who's the safer? The guy who has been doing it for years and is now so blase that he apparently doesn't need the safety gear and the working chainbrake or the oddjobbob who uses his saw once in a blue moon but is over careful with the machinery? Mind you, seen plenty of oddjobbobs in jandals and shorts throwing a chainsaw about too. And a guy working around 400v conductors in a metal EPV. Gives me the eebiejeebies thinking about it.

i agree:thumbup:

as above, so do i

my point is merely as a general rule the more training youve got the more safe you are. the same goes for experience. put the two together and you have a safer operator IN THEORY.

ive done some dangerous stuff in my time (even with training) and have learnt from it. my point is that without the training you are more likley to have a serious accident.

it was more the general retaliation that put my back up: of course we dont think our job is the most dangerous but it is up there.

not wanting to ofend anyone. apologise if i have.

i dont mean to come over as arrogant and appolagise if i do, but the thing is people CAN buy saws from B&Q ect, they will never pay for the correct training prob due to cost so is it not better to give them good advice rather than insults, NOT talking about the majority of arbtalk members?

You're never going to be able to talk any sense into the man who wants to cut up a bit of firewood with it etc (at least for the bulk of the time) because apparently he won't be using it enough to have an accident. The same as you are never going to be able to talk any sense into the man ( again, for the bulk of the time) who has been using a saw all his life despite having no training. He hasn't had an accident up until now so he never will. At least that's their theory. Just like the guy who fed his hand through a garden chipper a couple of years ago. He'd cleared the blockages while it was running heaps of times so why would this time be any different?

as above, so do i

my point is merely as a general rule the more training youve got the more safe you are. the same goes for experience. put the two together and you have a safer operator IN THEORY.

ive done some dangerous stuff in my time (even with training) and have learnt from it. my point is that without the training you are more likley to have a serious accident.

it was more the general retaliation that put my back up: of course we dont think our job is the most dangerous but it is up there.

not wanting to ofend anyone. apologise if i have.

I can honestly say that in my experience I have found the opposite to be true.