Do all professional chainsaw users think joe public users are fools?

egnsean

Unless you actually do the CS30, you won't know what you are currently doing wrong now, will you.

Nothing to do with felling trees, buit all about maintenance and safe handling of a chainsaw.

I have to agree with the saying: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

i must agree" A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" BUT 25yrs+ around dangerous machinery ????

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must agree" A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" BUT 25yrs+ around dangerous machinery ????

I see you come form the plant hire trade.

Do people think that if i hire a digger for the weekend, i should have been through training to allow me to do so?

FWIW i couldnt care if joe public use saws or not, only time i get annoyed is if they come out and gloat to me that they only wear shorts and sandles when there using one.

I know a few qualified tree surgeons who are to be honest a liability . I also know a few homeowner users who are more than capable . Experience every time you cant beat it .

Thank you,no insults were intended, but if any were perseved i appolagise, but deffo not for my spelling:001_tt2:

I see you come form the plant hire trade.

Do people think that if i hire a digger for the weekend, i should have been through training to allow me to do so?

FWIW i couldnt care if joe public use saws or not, only time i get annoyed is if they come out and gloat to me that they only wear shorts and sandles when there using one.

i fully agree and respect your opinion anyone doing that deservs all they get:thumbup:

I'm not so sure it is.

Obviously we don't have the benefit of knowing you & your experience (yet)

But...........I've been using Chainsaws for 18 years (admitedly a lot less these days) & have for the record never cut my chainsaw trousers whilst being in them.

I'd imagine many members here, have had very close calls with chain saws. Conversley, I'd imagine there is also a very large number of the same membership who have not.

Some people have a lot of respect for the beast that has the potential to cut us down in our prime.

I have had nearly 20 years using saws mainly in the early days cutting soft wood on tonnage price, you nearly had to run with your saw runnining a tree out to make a good wage, also we did loads of rhododendron clearence for thr Forestry commision and Woodland trust. Twice over the twenty years i have cut either my boot or trousers...My trousers we were 5 miles in a forest cutting rhodo, if i hadnt had my chainsaw trousers on i would probably have been dead. I never took risks with saws but accidents do happen...all im sawing that HSE statstics for chainsaw accidents includes Joe public... not all joe public or diyers are idiots.

I have never had any training in the use of saws.

I started out felling dead Elms with a hired saw, often working in shorts and trainers. I've never cut my self.

My farther used a saw for a large part of his adult life, felling and cutting for his own fire wood, he never had any training and never had an accident or even an incident.

I'm not saying some people don't need training, but I don't think every one does.