getting into work

new_fella

hi all ive posted a few times before regarding getting into the industry etc, ive completed my cs30 at writtle college and been lookin into the cs31 (although dont have the money at the moment). would it be beneficial to do a woodchipper course (as this costs alot less than the cs31) to give me more chance of employment and get the cs31 once ive got the money? i want the best chance of getting a job when i go to an interview! have contacted lots of firms recently, always get the same response that there are no current vacancies for someone with my (lack of) experience. would the woodchipper course stand me in any better position while on the job hunt?

thanks

chris

hi all ive posted a few times before regarding getting into the industry etc, ive completed my cs30 at writtle college and been lookin into the cs31 (although dont have the money at the moment). would it be beneficial to do a woodchipper course (as this costs alot less than the cs31) to give me more chance of employment and get the cs31 once ive got the money? i want the best chance of getting a job when i go to an interview! have contacted lots of firms recently, always get the same response that there are no current vacancies for someone with my (lack of) experience. would the woodchipper course stand me in any better position while on the job hunt?

thanks

chris

tbh mate, i would go for 31,, not alot of people bother with the woodchipper ticket,, well no1 i no anyway

Hi there getting your 31 will be a big help don't bother with the chipper ticket for the moment it won't help you .

Its a hard one and we have all been there when we first start out .

What I did when I first started I got my first 2'tickets then I did some volenteering for a local estate and another place felling loads of pine trees this got me started so after a while I was was then able to start ringing round for a job as that gave me some exp doing the job that I was going for .

Y will have to be very persistant and be really determined if y can get yourself a chainsaw this will help y by doing odd jobs for friends and family and get y using your saw giving y the handling experience of the saw this is important as in the workplace they are out to make money so being able to use and handle a chainsaw well goes a long way as there can be lots to cut up in a short amount of time .

Y will get your foot in the door but it will take bags of determination on your part . When y land your first job . Work really hard and they will have y back for more .as time goes on it will get eaiser and u will get into work more easily and then more will come your way .

Hope this helps all the best

littletree