Few pics from today... putting the new stein lowering device to the test.....

Xerxses

nice pics xerxes, looks like a fun job.

how come you didn't fell it in one, looked like there migh be enough room in the first pic?

At that angle it sure looks allright, but it would have taken all of the above mentioned targets... besides, ever tried raking up a chrashed out poplar in two feet of snow? It just have to wait to spring....:001_tt2::001_smile:

I like the first of the felling pics, with the snow being left in mid air, and the slightly blurred branch tips.

I can not believe that it is -16c with you, it was 10c here today.

Aye, great shot that.

What system do you climb on X?

Don't like the sound of icy ropes much, however good those gloves are!

Aye, great shot that.

What system do you climb on X?

Don't like the sound of icy ropes much, however good those gloves are!

HC and a short VT.

I prefer when its cold rather then around 0 when the ropes frezes up.:thumbdown:

When its cold its important to store the kit (not the harness though, ouch) outside during the day so it doesent go from cold to warm or vice versa.

I normally have at least 3-4 pairs and change during day as they get wet.

What did you do after lunch Tobias ? :001_tt2:

Nice picture set :thumbup1:

This was done at super squirell speed!

Started for 8, preparing (cutting) for the stein, installed the climbingrope and dropped one big branch then had breakfast as we didnt want to work in the dark (God bless streetlights...:sneaky2:). Everything went smooth and by 3.30 there were only logs and trunks from yesterday and today left.... they will be shifted on monday and placed in "my" conservation depot, where we place all oversized logs and trunks, esp the ones with interesting or rare lichens, fungi and/or signs of beetles and such!:thumbup: