ATT. SURFERS: advice please!

themonkian

Hi all, have noticed there's a few surfers on here and thought I'd pick your brains, if you'd be so kind of course!

Me and the missus have recently gotten the surfing bug and are looking to get into it a bit more. Our experience so far consists of only 2 lessons each down in Newquay (Fistral Bay/Beach I think)- and we're looking to get out there and get some more practice in.

My questions are:

Does anybody know any areas in Dorset that are good for beginners to practice? (preferably quite quiet areas)

And is there anything I should bear in mind before turning up with my wetsuit and board- such as tides etc?

Cheers in advance!:001_tongue:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie: I've got a 5mm Typhoon cyclone suit prob about 20 years old - my girlfriend's dad gave it to me. I know its not advisable to have such an old suit as they dry out and lose stretchiness, but for the time being it's saved me a small fortune and still keeps me warm(ish). That o'neils one you mentioned looks good, plus if you pay more for one it might be a good incentive to use it more!

Scotty: cheers for the link to that site - looks like a very handy source of info! Will definitely get a few more lessons in, generally they're quite reasonable in terms of cost and dead handy. Just wish I lived near a decent beach! (or any beach for that matter)