The Bible, in Lego.

APC

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I still can't seem to separate the 'good' bits of the Bible from the bits that condone slavery, murdering offspring etc.

I, in my ignorance, presumed Biblical teachings had to be followed, wholesale, or not at all. I'm now led to believe that we can pick and choose.

Dee

Beg your pardon Mr Butler - I think it is you who is ignorant in trying to belittle people for not fully understanding, because they have never been taught or believe in what you do!

I don't think it is good practice to call people "ignorant" because they have a different view or follow a different religion to yourself.

You could do well to keep your opinions to yourself unless asked!

naughty nathan!

Dee, as you probably know the Bible is made up of old and new testaments.

The old testament is man under law, that is God had to judge man for his sin and this judgment was implemented by the law which he gave to Moses, this law included stoning, hanging, etc...

The new testament (which broardly is more relavent) to man today is man under grace, that is that (if we trust in Jesus) God doesnt have to judge us anymore because he judged his son in our place.

This is what the Bible says:

It is impossible to do what God's standards demand because of the weakness our human nature has. But God sent his Son to have a human nature as sinners have and to pay for sin. (Romans 8:3)