branch failure

Matt Butler

what, & stink like a beaver..............:001_tongue:

out of interest Matt, did you feel it was going to go before you felt or heard it?

i felt it going first, clutched at air, and then just crashed about abit.

it wasnt really bad at all, i was just surprised that it happened on what appeared to be a fairly strong union

yeah i think so stephen, i didnt notice it until i saw the pic

The tree could of had a tree house in it, it acts just like cable bracing, the branches get a helping hand from added support, take away the old tree house, and you leave a weak limb, the union wouldnt tell the truth if it had been removed recently:001_smile:

The tree could of had a tree house in it, it acts just like cable bracing, the branches get a helping hand from added support, take away the old tree house, and you leave a weak limb, the union wouldnt tell the truth if it had been removed recently:001_smile:

go on sherlock:thumbup:

That's quite suprissing sean.

We've had a couple of branch failures during light crown reductions on Oak.

Usually late autumn/winter

Noticed one in the field near our yard, Must have been 200-250mm diameter at fracture point. Fairly sheltered location and it just shed this massive limb. Must see if I can get a picture this week when I'm passing. Happened Oct/Nov. It did trigger alarm bells as it is a perfectly healthy oak, no stress or interference from the surroundings it grows in.

On a lighter note - everytime I see a picture of your sweet Landrover and trailer combination in shot, it makes me think if Heiniken did arb jeep combinations......

Noticed one in the field near our yard, Must have been 200-250mm diameter at fracture point. Fairly sheltered location and it just shed this massive limb. Must see if I can get a picture this week when I'm passing. Happened Oct/Nov. It did trigger alarm bells as it is a perfectly healthy oak, no stress or interference from the surroundings it grows in.

On a lighter note - everytime I see a picture of your sweet Landrover and trailer combination in shot, it makes me think if Heiniken did arb jeep combinations......

Would be interested in any shots. :thumbup1:

A hiab on the traier would be nice, & maybe a compressor for the airspade somewhere in the mix too .

Then that would be sweet :thumbup: