burrell_

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I can't decide as to whether it is the Stihl 041 or the Jonsered:confused1:

Are either of these classed as vintage ??

My son is pictured with the Jonsered.....so this saw is certainly vintage as far as he is concerned:lol:

Either way, I like them both...or I would if the Stihl actually started:thumbdown:

Regards

Martin Lightfoot

100_0803.jpg.364f6eb2f092cfaf9e2a7fea6ba67bde.jpg

5976609667c64_Stihl041AVOne.jpg.a5f4bd55c158059884acc3614a9d8efc.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments to both of you.

Yes...it would appear that we share a common (or not so common) surname Ben:thumbup1:

After I had uploaded the 2 saw pictures, I remembered that I had an older saw in the collection....one that even I think of a vintage

I still like it though:thumbup:

5976609caef96_HomeliteXLAuto2.jpg.b09ef9b745c730971454ae326e3b94e7.jpg

i have a villiers engine which is a twinport that was part of a two man chainsaw i have no bar or chain but the rest is complete with gearbox etc it has never been used and still has greaseproof paper around parts air filter and pull cord it was ex mod will one day get it going, my grandad got it/ saved it from a skip at a mod sale everything was sold by the weight alot went for scrap

Hi Stokesley - these were used by both Danarm and Teles. There might be a plate on it to say which it was.

I wondered if you might be able to get a couple of really close photos of the handlebar rubber grips and of the air filter/carb. Also of the brass ID plate if present. I'm missing a few bits on my 2-man Teles and am looking for pictures to work out what should be there. Is your ID because you're in Stokesley, N.Yorks btw? I stay in Nunthorpe when I'm up that way.

Alec