CS30/31 in Norfolk/Suffolk

Corvus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalky White runs Tree Worker Training, trouble is it's a bit too far for a daily commute. B&B is a possibility if I can find somewhere cheap, it would still end up costing more than the Eastec one but might be worth it as then I'll only have a very short drive. still considering my options.

Andy Campbell will run the Eastec one, I've seen his name mentioned on here. Has anyone got any experience of him as an instructor?

Thanks guys, info about cheap hostel much appreciated. I'll call Chalky.

I've received an invoice(!) from Eastec which is slightly odd as I've not actually booked. It might be they're being helpful by dating it before the VAT increase but the total is actually more than they quoted (and more than I had calculated even with 20% VAT) so Fakenham is looking increasingly attractive.

Hi

1 question I would always ask is how many days is the training.

I know a few companies are cheaper but there course is shorter so actually ends up dearer.

Also do they provide kit ect.

Personally i think 5 days for a 30 31 is better than cramming it into 4 but i suppose money is the driving force.

Hi

1 question I would always ask is how many days is the training.

I know a few companies are cheaper but there course is shorter so actually ends up dearer.

Also do they provide kit ect.

Personally i think 5 days for a 30 31 is better than cramming it into 4 but i suppose money is the driving force.

Good points. I would pursue these but I have hit a bit of a wall and will have to shelve my plans for now. My elderly mother (nearly 90) had a fall on Saturday and broke her hip (culminating in a hip replacement) so I've been up and down to London like a yoyo and in and out of the hospital to the point that I think I need her bed. Not thinking too far ahead but I guess my sister and I will probably need to spend a lot of time with her when she comes out of hospital next week and may have to find her somewhere else to live with less (or no) stairs.

Thanks for all your help guys, I may be back when things settle down and my mother is mobile again (fingers crossed, she is a very determined woman!)

Treeworker is a good outfit and his prices are good too. Easton College is also good and the trainers there so either of these 2 and hopefully you shouldn't go too far wrong. On my felling course i remember there was a guy who was 56 he didn't fell as many trees as i young and dumb lads but just plodded along.