wilson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep, though it'll never run, its council owned, thats the bread and butter day job, when not sawing timber. heres a few more, it blew over in 2003

and i was subbed to an out fit near henley on thames who rebuilt it

_39528860_windmill_bbc_203.jpg done quite a few others too 250px-Herne_windmill.jpg250px-Windmill_Hill_Mill.jpg and last summer new top and sails at bardwell

keeps the top rotating to head to wind via gears and a rack or worm, the top (cap) has to face the on coming wind, otherwise the theing can come a cropper and either loose sails or top lift off.

Talent... not sure, i've done it now for 17 years, one way or another, theres only a handfull of us who rebuild such things but to be honest reda tape is killing it, when i first got a job, the old chap i worked for just went out looked at it, you had two prices one for working one for static, sent a letter, got a job, did it recieved cheque, now its all managed, programed, risk assessed, i'm doing less of it, more milling timber and playing with my steamer and ag contract work to pay the bills! its got to be similar in the arb world too?

any way back to the thread... if you know what you want, its not difficult to draw it up yourself. but if you know a tame architect for house extensions its handy as building regs are constantly changing, there are some good books about i'll hunt them out, failing that pm me , and if your in no rush i'll draw something up when i get a minute, it really is that easy. but if you are building it yourself make it easy and pick standard timber sizes and mortice sizes.

You lot like pics, don't you? So do I!

This pic was taken after the garden room was finished but before I had chance to complete the landscaping. Note the chimney -- I've still to put in the stove.

Best wishes,

JR

Bloody hell !!, that really is top notch, you must be proud of the outcome with that. I know i would be.