Timberland ProTimber Gloves??

Sam Thompson

Has anyone any experience of the above?

Sick and tired of the standard Husky/Stihl orange and white leather that rip, are cold, uncomfortable etc. These looked like a good alternative if a little more expensive, but if they last twice as long/are twice as good, then who cares?

Oh, and wheres the cheapest place? Clark forest have them for £32.

Timberland ProTimber Chainsaw Gloves | Clark Forest : Chainsaw Clothing

Atb & Thanks

Sam

Have to at college mate :001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

Sam

fair point mate

if they are anything to go by,i have a pair without the chainsaw protection.

i dont think very much of them,they are not a very good fit,when i buy any gloves,its always size large,these are large and are too big,

when i was subbing last winter,hedge laying,i was buying oregon chainsaw gloves,they were very comfy,an excellent fit and cheap on e-bay,you can also get a pair with protection in both hands :blushing:

the company i subbed for had these [timberland gloves with protection] in the back of the landy,no one wore them

to be honest sam,dont waste your money

martyn :thumbup:

Edited by Martyn Amos
more added

they are much more comfortable than the stihl or husky although when they get wet they can get quite stiff once they've dried out. Jonesie also stocks them at F R Jones and Son.

i must also agree with penfold

in my previous post,about the oregon gloves,like i said,they are comfy,a good fit and cheap to buy,but they also go stiff when you dry them,i think most chainsaw gloves do.

also when they get wet,they are well slippery:thumbdown:

Thanks lads, I think Ill skirt them for the time being:thumbup1:

I think the new plan will a new pair of the cheapest type (orange backed bad boys) and use the two pairs, rotating half way through the day.

also when they get wet,they are well slippery:thumbdown:

They all are :thumbdown:

When not at college I use these; Cold Star Latex Hi-Visibility Gloves - B-Click 2000 Ace Safetywear

I have about 4 pairs and just change them when wet. So much better grip too.

Wish the H&S would come out with a straight answer yay or nay :sneaky2:

Sam

Thanks lads, I think Ill skirt them for the time being:thumbup1:

I think the new plan will a new pair of the cheapest type (orange backed bad boys) and use the two pairs, rotating half way through the day.

They all are :thumbdown:

When not at college I use these; Cold Star Latex Hi-Visibility Gloves - B-Click 2000 Ace Safetywear

I have about 4 pairs and just change them when wet. So much better grip too.

Wish the H&S would come out with a straight answer yay or nay :sneaky2:

Sam

i use gloves like the ones on your post [kevlar ones]

very good grip:thumbup1:

Used those timberland gloves on a course and there not made of much, funny i looking for a good pair of gloves online last night there's not that much in the way of good gloves imo. Those oakley glove that's APC suggested look the ticket just a shame there's not gortex.