Hazard???? landlord wont do anything!!

treewizard

the tree is definitely in trouble, but I dont see any targets. If it can be cordoned off, and left to die in peace, all well and good, if there are buildings etc too close then it probably should come down. Its very hard to tell from a couple of pics, but perhaps the landlord should get a second opinion.

Oh dear, Oh dear.

Ganoderma, nasty. :scared1:

Based on the photos, (which is not proven evidence by any means ) we are talking removal here.

I don't know anyone that would put their rep to retaining this one.

Don't think further decay detection will tell you much more than is already evident.

IMO, mitigation pruning works are not the long term answer.

Out of interest, what are the particular targets.

Judging by the chimney, I'm guessing residential area, right?

garages and car park on one side and a close with parked cars, footpath and house in striking range.

it also sounds very scary when you give it a kick. imo its more likly to fall towards where i took the first photo.

The landlord wont listen, would you sujest going to the tree officer next??

Does the landlord need a brain transplant or what!!:mad1:

I would go the tree officer,you can go over the landlords head i think if you feel a tree is a threat and a danger..i know the council can do that and bill the land owner after the removal..dont quote me on that.

safty first questions later?

I would go the tree officer,you can go over the landlords head i think if you feel a tree is a threat and a danger..i know the council can do that and bill the land owner after the removal..dont quote me on that.

safty first questions later?[/QUO

think im going to i dont run my own buisness so i cant quote it:thumbdown:, ill give the tree officer a bell.

cheers for your opinions

The landlord just needs educating.

That looks like a mature gano bracket probably been there 15 plus years if others i've seen are anything to go by, plus the fact the ganoderma was probably at work before the fruiting body, so the decay is probably extensive.

I notice some swelling there to i wonder if that is reaction wood due to the ganoderma and the trees fight to balance itself against the fungi? A fight judging by the canopy shot that the Beech has lost.

Remedial pruning is just pointless and will deplete any precious energy reserves the tree has left.

Also in one of the other pics that shows trunk with the crease running vertical is that possibly ustillina? hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like immature and mature fruiting bodies are present.