Engine for splitter

madmatt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yanmar Air Cooler Industrial Diesel Engine L48AE-DE11YC on eBay (end time 19-Jan-11 18:33:22 GMT)

£300 buys you 4hp, recon your going to need at least 13hp for the splitter. Prices seem to be about £100 more than the equivalent unit from the Honda GX range?

At that price you would recoup the additional outlay very quickly.

Although you can also get LPG conversions for Hondas GX range, think its about £150 to convert them.

Edited by windfall

13hp was recommended by the specs of the pump i have in mind from the local hydraulic place. there ain't that many splitters running such a big engine on the road towable splitters on the net most are between 6-10hp.

I have been looking at dumpers/digger engines so who knows i may go down that route i am just trying to get the ideas at the moment.

i may have a petter 4stroke diesel engine, currently on a generator pack but i am thinking of splitting them.

Good engines that plod on for evermore.

I was thinking about putting it on a splitter myself.

Would be open to offers !

Rob.

I allways have diesel avliable where the splitter will operate I won't have to plan fetching petrol, plus the fact red diesel is cheaper than petrol at £1.28 a litre.

Spoken in Yorkshire dialect,,,,,,,,“there aint no such thing as red petrol lad” :thumbup1:

Yep, could be classed as a tight arse!

BUT, compare prices of the unit before making an redical decision. Im not real sure if you would get the torque required from a 13 hp petrol engine, but pricewise there is a massive difference between a petrol 13hp motor and a diesel one.

At the moment red is over 73p per liter so about 50+p difference. You would need a lot of work for it before that 50p caught up with the amount of outlay.

Do you have any price comparisons between the units?

Do you have any firm prices or are you just guessing?

No, nothing firm, thats why I asked;

Do you have any price comparisons between the units?

I did look into this a while back though, and comparatively you were looking at around £550 for a petrol and £1250 for a deisel. It was some time ago though, hence why I asked.