employee with RFS qual

Adamt

Hello every one,

I've just finished at Myerscough college with the RFS qualification and shed loads of NPTCs.... i can't believe how hard it is to get into the industry..... so if any one has a vacancy ANY WHERE, then i'm there.

All the best Adam!

Edited by Adamt
spelling

even with all those qualifications, you will probably have to start like most of us did and drag brash for £6 or £7/hour. you have just got to prove how hard you can work and how much practical common sense you have to then progress. the rfs proves you aren't an idiot, i'm sure you will get something. remember most firms' quiet period is nov-mar.

good luck mate

All it takes is right attitude and you will get there. We all started at the bottom busting our arses of soaking in the rain but one day you'll look back and say it was worth it. This is one of a few remaining industries that you can go to college and gain all the tickets and not expect to go in at the top, so good luck to you in your journey to become an arborist if it is any like mine has been you'll have the time of your life.

To quote one of your earlier threads-

"Hello all,

Having just finished an RFS course, I've started to notice work that is been carried out by PROFESSIONAL firms in my areas. No wonder people think that any body can be a tree surgeon, when you see the shocking state of the trees that have been worked on. WHY!!! do so called PROFESSIONAL tree surgeons think it's ok to leave a beautiful tree looking like an arthtic crippled hand, with nothing left on it. ok "thats what the customer wants"......Maybe...... NO!!!!why arn't these tree surgeon / arborists educating there custoners. Yes i know I'm new to the industry and I'm not with a firm yet.... But am i missing something, did i miss that lesson that day at college.... or is it a secret tree surgeons code of practice, to do this to trees.

DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY!!!!!"

Maybe you shouldn't have posted that on an arb forum until you'd actually secured work? :001_tt2:

Adam, I know you have shown the list of qualifications you've gained and are wanting work, but you've not fully explained, are you wanting a climbers position(having no climbing kit) and what sort of employment do you want. I.E, self employed, on the books, and more importantly how much do you expect?