usually not a fan of taxis.....but

firewoodman

whilst out driving in disco, the car infront was sliding in the snow, so cocky me overtook him, i stopped to tell him to give up as there was no chance he was going to get up the hill, when he told me his passenger was a blind school kid.

so did i give the kid a lift home and leave taxi driver there....no. i towed him up over the series of hills, and then stayed with him till he got the kid home.

he did offer me a tenner, but i refused it and said"" if theres no good will at this time of year, then when is there any""

i did feel good for the rest of the day:thumbup:

whilst out driving in disco, the car infront was sliding in the snow, so cocky me overtook him, i stopped to tell him to give up as there was no chance he was going to get up the hill, when he told me his passenger was a blind school kid.

so did i give the kid a lift home and leave taxi driver there....no. i towed him up over the series of hills, and then stayed with him till he got the kid home.

he did offer me a tenner, but i refused it and said"" if theres no good will at this time of year, then when is there any""

i did feel good for the rest of the day:thumbup:

Great initiative! What I usually do is just ask them to "Pass it on" and do someone else a favour in the future....imagine a taxi stopping as youre walking along the road on a rainy day offering you a free ride!:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmo4Y6Bgzjo]YouTube - The Coral - Pass It On[/ame]

My dad and i towed a BMW M5 Estate out of a hedge. He overtook us on a piece of road that was covered in ice. We had some good karma out of that as he blasted his horn when he went past and nearly hit another vehicle coming the other way. He asked us to be gentle with his new car. It didn't matter how gentle we were it was gonna cause damage. He lost his front bumper and 3 pieces of steerin component as we dragged him out of the bank. We towed him to the nearest gateway and left him there with a phone number of the local vehicle recovery centre.

got my karma two days ago when an old lady flagged me down and wouldn't let me go until she had given me a tenner, i took a whitebeam down for her lastyear that her late husband planted 30yrs ago as it was throwing roots up all over the lawn, she was gutted about losing the tree but was made up with the view she hadn't seen in 30yrs, i got a bit of the stem turned into a sweet bowl by a friend and dropped it off for her a couple of months ago and she flagged me down to say how all her relatives couldn't believe i gave it her for free.. im still wondering what to spend the tenner on, yeah probably diesel:thumbup: