OMG am I stupid or them?!Plz help!

odd_bird

The story:

I have been trying to find suitable course for me for sometime now. So I spoke to the college, explained the situation that I'm absolutely completely and totally new and asked them to help choosing the course that would allow me to start looking for a job in this line of work. Now I arranged the payment for my CS30/31 only to find out that I need my own:

PPE, chainsaw and Lantra card :confused1:

Devastated! Where on EARTH am I going to get these from?!!!!!

Have they recommended me the wrong course or what? Seriously panicking now:afraid:

What a morning :sad:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think if your paying the college they should provide the PPE and saw.You may have been put on a Lantra course and that's why they are asking for it and you may not be on a NPTC one. If you on the right course in the end you'r going to spend £180 on the PPE and see if any one can lend you a saw.

I would get basic boots and trousers if you need to

Best of luck

my heart is braking to pieces here :crying: not a happy bunny...

When I spoke to that stupid hen on a phone she has never mentioned anything like that just said that the course would be fine for me. She couldn't even provide me with the info on what I would be needing. How do they give them jobs I don't know...I assumed the chainsaw would be provided without even doubting!

I could possibly hire equipment but where am I gonna get that bloody card from?! :cursing:

You may have been put on a Lantra course and that's why they are asking for it and you may not be on a NPTC one.
it is NPTC and that's why I'm paying blooming £820!

Is it the purchase price or finding the goods your concerned about?

or both!

chat to jonsie

I don't mind getting my own PPE *goes to search e-bay* it's the chainsaw and the card that I'm concerned about!

Somebody should ring me back today to discuss. I wan't to be prepared for that conversation...

did it say this in a letter of confirmation? if so its probably a pro forma letter for all the courses that they alter for each course and have forgotten to take off the card as the course you are doing is the basic qualification unless they've put you on a refresher course by mistake. get in touch with them and put a rocket under their backsides. Hope this helps.

did it say this in a letter of confirmation? if so its probably a pro forma letter for all the courses that they alter for each course and have forgotten to take off the card as the course you are doing is the basic qualification unless they've put you on a refresher course by mistake. get in touch with them and put a rocket under their backsides. Hope this helps.

I haven't yet received my letter. I had a quick chat to the girl who took the payment re what I would need so I can MAYBE start looking for the BOOTS and MAYBE the TROUSERS if required :001_huh: *gobsmacked*

How difficult it is to hire a chainsaw I wonder...?Any volunteers? :lol:

That is really kind of you! I will speak to the place I'm volunteering @ first. I should definitely be able to get a helmet from them and, although, they do have saws they are slightly possessive with them. I'll have try my 'puppy expression' and see if I can talk them into lending one. I'll go there tomorrow.

Hamadryad, what size trousers do you have?

I could loan you a top handled
i hope it's not some cheeky arb term that I'm not yet familiar with :blushing::lol: