BS 3998: 2010 Tree Work - Recommendations IN STOCK NOW

Xerxses

Aye there's an enormous difference between the draft and the published BS. I think they just threw away the old one, ignored the draft and started from scratch. Good job too, the draft was only a minimal improvement on the 1989. Now it has been sorted right out.

• 1 month later...

i've got a copy and im Gonna read through, but im after a summary of the main amendments just to get warmed up for our AAC audit next month.

by the sounds of things its a clean slate so ill be leafing through tonight. :-)

so far the best summeray ive found is here

Hi all,

The 2008 'DPC' (Draft for Public Comment) bears little resemblance to the actual 2010 doc so I wouldn't suggest it to be a suitable (FOC) alternative.

2ndly, I was with Jo last week in York and she said she was no longer supplying the standard. The 50% discount was an offer for January only whihc was then extended to delegates attending the first round of seminars we delivered.

Hence £172, as full price, for the document is the only option. Assuming the doucment will be valid for a min. period of 5 years that equate to about £35 per year...a little more palatable!

I see there maybe a 'cute' marketing opportunity by having your copy in your site visit folder so when trying to convince 'Mrs Miggins' why that (very) light crown reduction is an appropriate option, or why you shouldn't be removing multiple primary branches form the lower stem section in one hit, and you can refer to it introducing it as the industry standard to whihc all 'tree care professionals' should work....impressive eh?!...just a thought to try and encourage purchase.

Cheers all..

Paul

Hi all,

The 2008 'DPC' (Draft for Public Comment) bears little resemblance to the actual 2010 doc so I wouldn't suggest it to be a suitable (FOC) alternative.

2ndly, I was with Jo last week in York and she said she was no longer supplying the standard. The 50% discount was an offer for January only whihc was then extended to delegates attending the first round of seminars we delivered.

Hence £172, as full price, for the document is the only option. Assuming the doucment will be valid for a min. period of 5 years that equate to about £35 per year...a little more palatable!

I see there maybe a 'cute' marketing opportunity by having your copy in your site visit folder so when trying to convince 'Mrs Miggins' why that (very) light crown reduction is an appropriate option, or why you shouldn't be removing multiple primary branches form the lower stem section in one hit, and you can refer to it introducing it as the industry standard to whihc all 'tree care professionals' should work....impressive eh?!...just a thought to try and encourage purchase.

Cheers all..

Paul

Do you think that they would let me spread the cost and pay them £35 per year for the next 5 then or maybe £3 per month over the next 60 months

Tbh i was not happy it come in sheets of a4 photo copied for £100 quid or what ever it was i expected a proper booklet or disc who makes these ?

I reckon that was the 'old', 1989, standard as I saw the same thing on a previous Arb assessment and the contractor involved paid about 85quid for the privilege.

The new standard should come as a true document, see http://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030089960

Paul