Climbing on two or more prussics...

Xerxses

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as access into the tree it is more versitile than using ascenders. But im only thinking of using it for that as another access method

So you could just use a footlock prussik and work off the access line with another one or install a new one when at the top?

I do see the advantages of this system but only really for working the tree on the way up, you can switch from FL to workign system and back again without having without the usual messing around of attaching another line onto the access one, but to make it work properly you need a friction saver installed which is not so easy, the easiest way is a pulley on the end of a single line, so thats messing with 2 lines already so not much advantage? Or install a 2 ring FS from the ground and pull half your rope through it then attach friction knots etc etc. all a bit complicated IMO.

Having two lines trailing below could really suck!!

Did you see at one point they had a micro pulley at each end of there bridge for redirecting the lines.

I like the idea and they make it all look very effective.

I am going to give it a try at some point, but I dont think I will adopt it as my main system. Not really versatile enough.

Does anyone climb on an adjustable bridge or are they a bit of a waste of time ?

i used to bro but the tail hanging off the side of the bridge got annoying as i kept standing on it, could never be arsed coiling it up every time either. For me, the o rig gives the best of both worlds.

I tried the 2 prus a few years ago but had 2 hitch climbers,vt etc... I would extend the bridge and then use the pulley wheels on the hc as handles when fotlocking up, and then shorthen the bridge once up in the tree. kinda worked but sucked having so much metal clanging about and trailing 2 lengths of rope behing you through the crown