Its all gone a bit quiet

evergreen

I'm in same boat mate, only been going 6 months and work has now dried up. A friend of mine recently gave me some excellent advice. He said no matter what get up on every day you should be working and do something for the business, treat it as a working day. even if that means cleaning the van or bit of studying etc.

On days i dont work i go out climbing, and ive just got a contact where i do free tree work now and again when it suits me and i get to dump all my chip and keep as many logs as i want amongst other benefits.Next year my logs will be all seasoned ready to keep me busy.

Have a wander and introduce yourself to all the local people in the know!! Farmers, landowners estate agents etc Dish out business cards it will work wonders mate!

Good luck

Dave

Excellent, positive post Dave.

set up your own website mate, GETTING BRITAIN'S BUSINESS ONLINE free for two years from google no strings, mines kaleidoscope garden solutions & wood fuels if you want to check it out, its taken me a little while but im quite happy with it to say ive not paid anything, best of luck dude and just ask if you need too

Like it Gaz1210. Mine is evergreen-gardens.co.uk again self built, still needs a lot of work. Notice you do willow cuttings. I did about 4 seasons of harvesting willow for propagation materials for the biomass industry. Good times.

Cheers Nick

some great advice so far guys... im currently struggling too but that is due to tearing a back muscle! Thankfully my understanding customers have been really flexible and re aranged work for when im fully fit again!

I generally find that if you stay active, even if like dave said you are just cleaning the van or sharpening chains, splitting logs or just driving around town dishing out cards the phone suddenly starts ringing (must just be coincidence!). Last winter I was struggling big time, but through the course of the year things get much better. Keep up the hard work and stay positive, and fingers crossed everything will work out good in the end!

best of luck mate

Edited by Pete Hart
spelling mistake!

Thanks guys for all the good advice, Ive started getting my Christmas Cards sorted, have done a deal with a local golf course and country club, tree work in exchange for timber, but also some free advertising. Just about to do some kerb crawling and dosh out some business cards.

Thanks again feeling re-vitalised!

Cheers

Nick

Thanks guys for all the good advice, Ive started getting my Christmas Cards sorted, have done a deal with a local golf course and country club, tree work in exchange for timber, but also some free advertising. Just about to do some kerb crawling and dosh out some business cards.

Thanks again feeling re-vitalised!

Cheers

Nick

Things must be desperate mate!

:001_tt2: