Stihl Glove vs Chipper

openboater

[/b]

:confused1:Do you not have stop bars on your chippers???????????:confused1:

My thought exactly... and if your glove gets pulled off and through the machine before you have a chance to press the stop bar surely your hands are far to close to the rollers?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friend who lost the glove would have had to leap at the chipper to try and prevent his glove going through. As I said, he hardly felt it go, so stopping it was never an option.

I don't have an exact time but I reckon it takes under 2 seconds for brash to travel the length of the chipper mouth, that's not a lot of reaction + action time when something goes wrong.

I'm not sure how I'd practice an emergency stop with a gnarly limb going through at the same time. I've had chipper training, but I don't recall any sort of 'stop when I slap the dashboard' type scenario. Just something to think about.

Well, being a bit of a ladies man...

I always wear gloves.

I like to keep my hands as free from callouses, cuts and rough skin in order to as few complaints as possible when I get 'busy hands' with my madamoiselle...

I buy lots of cheap cotton n rubber garden/diy gloves at €2.50 a pair and wear them till they either fall apart ( rare ) or begin to make my hands smell like a frenchmans feet which defeats the object of wearing them in the begining.

A wee joke of mine is to put my hands near my groundies face which always makes him gag!