1x42 log table question

firewoodman

i am looking at getting a log table for the machine to make loading easier, thinking about the woodran 471, or 421 or 422 (pricey:thumbdown:)

http://www.mlarge.com/images/upl_files/000137.pdf

also the woodlift... is it any good???

does any one else use any of the above?

with the 471 can it be turned around to sit along side the tractor instead of the usual position of the operator side?? and can it still run ok?? space is an issue!!

i know the 421 and 422 cannot be turned, and is easeir for the operator to help move logs

The woodlift looks like a similar thing to what you could have on the farmi ones - if you are moving the machine to the stack and not using a log deck then they are quite good (as long as the timber is relatively long - 2.5m upwards ideally) but if you are goign to be using a deck then it's probably not as useful as you would be loading each piece individually so may as well be feeding it straight in to the machine.

Funny enough I'm in the same position!

Got some quotes of M Large the 421 is the most common due to its price of £2650. The 471 with double chains £5,500 and the 472 with triple chains is a nice £7,000!!!

I upgraded from a 1 x 37 to a 1x42 and have noticed theres a big height difference loading the wood on the infeed conveyor!

Hope this info helps...

James

For me, I would make something for a couple of £100 rather than buy something. Though re-sale valu:001_huh:e is always worth considering.

I had a Palax KS35 with an additional hydraulic circuit (1/4" BSP hydraulic flow) that would've been good for a deck (log table/or raiser). I picked up the base of a hiab crane that rolled up and down on an artic trailer by two hydraulic motors. It was £30. A bit of welding for propelling crosses and a sloping frame underneath, plumbed in to the processor and I reckon it would have been a simple enough solution. Mind you, it wouldn't have been pretty ...

:001_huh:

It depends what you want, a nice bit of purpose built kit or prefer to design/ fabricate your own stuff. I know I love the challenge of the later.

Good luck with the choice

We have used a 422 with hydraulic feed rollers for 2 years now to feed our 1x42 and it has put through 1500-2000 tons of wood with no trouble. We load it with a telehandler coupled to a modified Jappa grab. We load 3mt lengths of up to 40cm diameter straight on to it. It takes a ton of wood with no trouble.