ECOFAN for stove - what are they like?

mendiplogs

got ours in october

definately moves the air around without feeling a draft.

But because you dont realy notice the flow of air it seems like its not doing the job.

probably not worth the purchase if you only have a fire roaring in the evening for the effect. But over the period of a couple of days we've noticed that more of the house is warm when it wouldnt have normally been if we wern't to put the CH .

hi jon, delivered a load yesterday to a chap who had one, Rohan went in the house to check it out as he's a regular customer who purchased it this year, and swears by it , he got the bigger size one apparently and it really moves the heat upstairs he thinks - one tip he gave us as to the purchase - buy one from a chandlers or canal boat stores as he picked his up from our local marina and paid less than he saw them for on ebay - apparently all the canal boat people have them and they really help move the heat around their barges. even so i think it was about £130 - dont quote me i could be wrong as Mr. is out again this morning delivering - all the best jon - i definately think we will buy one for the top of our stanley

joy

A small mains fan will be LOADS cheaper even after paying for 100 years (number out of hat) worth of electricity.

Quite right! We've got an old 120mm PC fan

120mm Internal Desktop PC Fan For Computer Case Cooling on eBay (end time 14-Dec-10 09:08:42 GMT)

run it from an old mobile phone charger (couple of Watts). Will run for 100 years and still cost less in electric than an 'Ecofan'!