Graham

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely looking Pup mate

As you can see by my avatar ive got a springer!

If this is your first springer you will not be dissapointed if hes anything like mine

She is my shadow!

Just abit about mine!

Shes 2 and a half now, and has been through some stuff in those years!

When she was younger maybe up to 8 months she was a nightmare to control, but then she had a type of menigitis in her spine, which is still being treated with steroids and chemotherapy, The doses are now being reduced, but at one point she couldnt get on the setty for a cuddle without help, or she would stay on her bed all day, and her hair got thin!

She is very strong and had not let this hold her back at all!

(thank god shes insured, Over £5k has been spent, other dogs wouldnt be so lucky)

Since shes been recovering she has had two lots of stitches for barbed wire injurys, luckiny nothing serious apart from she has one wonky nipple now, (I dont think she has noticed)

She is a Pure bred Gundog from a long line of other gundogs, this might explain some of her personality, which she has bags and bags of!

Its very usefull to have her trained to a whistle, once she gets a scent and is on the hunt or sees something she wants to chase shes gone! and its sometimes hard to get her tuned into your calls, because she is so focused on the job in hand

But I can gaurantee she will come back! Sometimes I just let her out of the pickup and take herself for a run while I sit listening to the radio!

Springers also love water, mud, ****, you name it they will get in it lol! (see avatar)

If you have had many springers before you will know most of this!

Sorry if im telling you what its like to suck eggs!

Ive been around dogs all my life and have always had one!

Just a small insight into my time with an amazingly loyal Dog!

My best mate RUBY!

JAY

We got three of em. Charlie is our eldest at 11. Then we have two brothers Bracken and Bramble.

Haha

Nice one, I think Bracken and Bramble are the most common names I have heard in gundogs, gets confusing when there are 30 odd dogs running round with 5 called the same name

We had a let day the other week for some more discerning or should I say cash loaded guns and their dogs were called Hector and Henry :biggrin:

The best one I heard was a beaters dog was called "dog"

Cracking looking pup :thumbup:

Not a springer fan myself (the missus is though :001_rolleyes: ) Im a Cocker man.

As for names, Ive got a Bracken (working red Patterdale, Nuttal lines) Swift (working Cocker, Tawnyhill) and a Turtle (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, working)

My dogs cant be mistaken on the Shoot, which is a pity sometimes, I knew I shouldve got a black Lab!!!!!

He's a real character...as they all are:001_smile:

Had springers a long time and wouldn't change em for the world but they can get you to hair pulling during training.

Searched long and hard for a white-faced one. The line goes back to the 1930s....Chrishall and then Bekesbourne strains.

His name's Rossi.