Not so old but still cynical

SiW

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately not everyone is blessed with a knowledge of all tree related issues, and thats where the forum comes into its own. We all muck in to help each other, some may know more on trees, but need help with a saw problem, another may be experienced in forestry cutting, but never have planted. Feeling able to ask anothers advice or opinion is a good thing, and dont forget we occasionally get the queries from people who are not in the profession, seeking advice n their trees.

Yes, but.... how long does it take to find the relevant book, find the relevant page, and hpefully find the relevant answer? Or you can just click on Arbtalk, ask a simple question, and lo the answer appears before yur eyes without even having to leave your seat. thats partly why the site ranks highly in Google, cos its a fount of knowledge on all things tree-related.

Is it just me or do other people find that some of the questions raised show a fundamental lack of knowledge of trees are the arboricultural industry? Maybe I just had a bad day

Just a bad day I guess.

Many people in 'chainsaw' related occupations spend a lot of time with their own thoughts.

Forwarder driver.

Log delivery run.

stump grinding.

Log splitter.

etc, etc, etc.

If you havent got anyone to chat to you can either A) start getting some weird ideas / plans/ views.

or B) you can get drawn into the 'this is the way to do it' mentality.

Here, you have a sounding off place, where you get not a single view (like you might get in a book), but a multitude of different, and sometimes hotly debated views.

I find reading the first few lines is normally enough to see if its of interest, if it isn't I look elsewhere.....