Airspading a planting pit - The Dogs danglies?

David Humphries

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people. I'll never forget the tree i planted. Wen't back to water, re mulch and adjust ties. Gone! ripped out and they had even put some of the cheap bitmac stuff in the planting pit. Makes me so angry that people vandalise trees because they are small and whippy and don't look like its going to be a big tree.

Xerses....Talking/listening to Glynn Percival last week. He's fairly convinced that the airpick/spade is more use for decompaction than the terratree. I think he cited Ed Gilman as a source for reference here....Hes done a fair bit with massive blowers and structure/stability also....Google is your friend...!

Cheers!

When I first saw the pictures I thought you had gone absolute bonkers wit your fracture ideas....:001_tt2:

That IS just cheer madness! Wutta he.. :blushing: sorry

What on earth have he or she been up to?!? And most of all why?

Prune back to buds and then paint the whole thing in dogpoo disolved in some water:sneaky2:, that will teach them if they return.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

and a little bit more .......................rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

argh this has the stench of a childhood game, whippy sticks!:lol:

when we was doing it we took em from big trees that could handle it though:thumbdown:

reckon theres probably a few local lads with some pretty severe red stripy marks near by!

• 1 month later...

So, a month on.............

After tidying the snags up prior to lifting so we could plant this one out in the woods, the perpertrator has payed us another little visit & decided that how we really should manage our tree stock, is to fracture coppice :confused1:

Well, tha's kinda done for that one.

T'is the season to be jolly , fa la la la la.............. :sneaky2::001_rolleyes:

IMG_0972.jpg.bad56793e37085291154abb6a32843cd.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg.243ff275646ac1652333de1d22b87f49.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg.d578695a6df77844f238310247c17aa8.jpg

P1010005.jpg.44bc08f684591b745554282a0ae0e738.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg.98c291c84a663dbf99c5b573d1eec4d0.jpg

I would make a nice little sign up saying;

"This space is reserved for a tree despite re-occuring vandalism by a hateful vapid fool. The CoL will replant this space every decade in the safe knowledge that one day the vandal will be dead. The landscape will tolerate the minor delay of one worthless lifetime."