Johny Walker

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why blame the LA:confused1:

Your the one flouting the law:blushing:

I am sure the costs of following and sorting out will be more than they hit you for:biggrin:

But sounds like you have an enemy in the local area

Why blame the LA

Your the one flouting the law:blushing:

I am sure the costs of following and sorting out will be more than they hit you for:biggrin:

But sounds like you have an enemy in the local area

bob dear bob,wer not flouting any laws ,i have a land agent ,so i know what i can & what i cant do :biggrin:

why blame the la ?? its them flogging a dead horse, its all the money bags around the yard ,they think it devalues ther posh homes :lol:

QUOTE: when it was explained that we are tree surgeons and that is under the same umberela as agriculture and forrestry they decided that they did not have a problem

I recently lost an application for planning approval in the countryside because LA defined arboriculture as mainly urban based work and it was not classified as the same as forestry, so the business could operate from a urban based yard, IE industrial estate and did not necessarily need to operate from rural location.

This only came to light after I submitted planning for a house on the site i had been using for about 6 years, with no complaints. When they refused me planning for the house they then wanted me to apply for planning for change of use from agriculture to industrial use for storing timber prier to logging, milling, and selling end products.

Woodpicker

They have obviously had a complaint from some busy body. Just need to make sure that all your items can be moved and therefore classed as temporary structures. If that is the case then get your Land Agent to write a letter stating the temporary nature of the structures and request from the council what planning law you are in breach of. At the end of the letter you might want to mention that this has already been discussed previously and suggest that continuation along this line could be classed as harassment and will be reported to the local council ombudsmen. I think from what you have said your log store might be the problem by putting a roof on it you have converted it from a temporary structure to a permanent one.

Woodpicker

They have obviously had a complaint from some busy body. Just need to make sure that all your items can be moved and therefore classed as temporary structures. If that is the case then get your Land Agent to write a letter stating the temporary nature of the structures and request from the council what planning law you are in breach of. At the end of the letter you might want to mention that this has already been discussed previously and suggest that continuation along this line could be classed as harassment and will be reported to the local council ombudsmen. I think from what you have said your log store might be the problem by putting a roof on it you have converted it from a temporary structure to a permanent one.

the log store has a tarp roof not solid :biggrin: sust that before it was built

In that case I think the council can go and whistle

Make sure you keep a photo diary of your site I have found this to be invaluable in fighting the planners (I know we should not have to fight but living in the green belt I cannot even wipe my a**e without some busy body complaining) From the diary we had we could prove our polytunnels had been up more than 4 years and their case collapsed.