Little climbing get-together

RobRainford

Me and robarb are having a bit of a climb down at the woods on our land. There's a couple of good sized oaks. As well as a few other trees, few sycamores, ash, alder, willow. If you have a 4x4 you can park next to the trees. Otherwise you can just park at the yard and bung stuff in my pickup to take it down.

Thinking of setting a zipline up too if there's the interest.

Date is Saturday 12th. Next week. Short notice but thought I'd see if anybody fancied it?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be getting there about 11 or a bit before as i take me little girl swimming saturday morning, as far as refreshments are concerned i hadn't even thought of that:blushing:

Depending on the weather (watch it p*** down now haha) we could set up a small campfire (are we allowed rob?) and bung on some fodder:thumbup1: if not anyone got a stove?

Yes we do mean saturday tom, sat 13th

Yeah I'll check it's ok to get a fire going. Should be ok though. As there have been small ones there before.

I thought it was the 12th as I have an assignment in for the 11th which I keep thinking is Friday but it's the Thursday.

Arriving here anytime after 10.30 will be fine. There's a shop that is fairly close. Only other place is back at the house. I'll grab some bacon and sausages and buns for the day. Coming from the m6 you pass a mini tesco and I'm less than a mile from that so there can be a good place to stop for sustenance.

I'll be taking a strimmer and a couple saws down if any bits need clearing but it's mainly bramble now. Most other stuff has died back.

Anyting else we need?