cs 39 help

Alasdair

hey all how we all doing?

ok guys ive got cs 39 coming up soon once this is done that me back out into the big bad world :scared1: so basically im looking for advise on how not to make an ar of this test? i know work position it the important thing which im getting that hang of but is there anything that will help me?

cheers

hello tuppy,

at work for the last couple of months we've had a student doing is work experience. he can climb reasonably ok but never used a chainsaw in a tree. while with us he as done some deadwoods with a silky but thats been it. we cant let him use a chainsaw because our insurance policy doesnt cover students without cs39 to practice under supervision of a qualified person. Catch 22 situation, how can he pratice and get confident before he's test? Something is wrong because surely this work experience should provide exactly this kind of preparation. i felt sorry today for him, when he said he'd failed is test. im not suprised dough if he never had the opportunity to use one up a tree. we did try to prepare him a bit, telling him the expected cuts and making him practice them with is silky... but of course when he was given a chainsaw he wasnt comfortable with it, who would be? he said the reason the assessor failed him was because of not using the chainsaw brake in between cuts and possibly more stuff i think.

it should be like driving lessons, under supervision of someone with the ticket there should be no problem to use one!

i was lucky the place where i got my work experience had no problems in sending me up a tree with a saw, so when i had my test the only thing i had to concentrate was my bad habits:001_tongue:

good luck

jack

jack-arb

that sucks for him there is a big difference between a silky and chainsaw. im sure hell get comfortable with a saw up a tree it might take him a while but hell get there.

jonesie

i got it went out a climb last nite with a few boys from college

cheers mate if i need anything else ill give u a shout

Well done Tuppy,

Get your CV out there... ISS and Land Eng as well as QTS and Imries (Not so much Imries though)!

I was in your position this time last year and was working 2 weeks after the course finished. Need any more info let me know.