5 tons of beech and 7 tons of ash for free ( Glasgow )

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please re read your last post and then try explaining again without all the contradictions

Please stop de-railing the thread.

I Think anyone else who is serious about there training..in whichever sport etc they do ..will no fine well that too much tree work makes you lose strength energy and has a negative effect.

you must be a 10st little weed if you don't understand.

ah a primadona gym bod, well you seem to have taken this as a personal attack which it is not and i apologise for the derailment. i'm just intruiged as to how you came up with your theory. and for the record i am niether 10st nor a little weed.

Edited by Dave D

If I might butt in, I do understand where Martyn is coming from, even if the wording is a little inflamatory!

Supplementary training will benefit most people in any line of physical work. If the only exercise you do is your work, you can find yourself on the limit for most of the time. If however, you top up your exercise regime with a little something extra, it can make regular work much easier. I have been there and done that. Whilst you will get a certain percentage of genetic freaks that will grow huge and strong from tree work, most of us will not.

That said, these day's I'm just too tired from forestry to get to the gym. I know that if I started again, it would make everything easier, but I don't presently have the willpower!

If I might butt in, I do understand where Martyn is coming from, even if the wording is a little inflamatory!

Supplementary training will benefit most people in any line of physical work. If the only exercise you do is your work, you can find yourself on the limit for most of the time. If however, you top up your exercise regime with a little something extra, it can make regular work much easier. I have been there and done that. Whilst you will get a certain percentage of genetic freaks that will grow huge and strong from tree work, most of us will not.

That said, these day's I'm just too tired from forestry to get to the gym. I know that if I started again, it would make everything easier, but I don't presently have the willpower!

no you may not:001_tongue: seriously though what youve said makes perfect sense and i totaly agree with it. unfortunately what martyn was saying didnt make sense and to add to it he contradicted every statement he made.

no you may not:001_tongue: seriously though what youve said makes perfect sense and i totaly agree with it. unfortunately what martyn was saying didnt make sense and to add to it he contradicted every statement he made.

my wording was a but impulsive..but i do not back down from what i say.

Tree work will make you weaker..if you do it on top of training.

5 days a week heavy climbing and doing strength training will make you weaker.

It called overtraining! If you want to get strong at squats..do you squat loads everyday? The exact same goes for arms if you want to be able to pull yourself around a tree easily then you can't train your arms everyday..and climbing is training your arms everyday...so your arms will get weaker!

Though if you have never done any hard training before..then tree work will get you a bit stronger to start with.

someone said what a loads of bollocks that i am got another climber in to do tree for myself..well its something i plan to do often..because climbing conflicts with my personal interests.

fair enough mate, i can see your point and understand about overtraining but i do think a certain degree of conditioning comes into play with physical jobs like ours. i suppose though that if you have a strict fitness routine to follow then it could conflict with it to a degree depending on how strict and serious it is. obviously your training is the more important part of your lifestyle so is going to take priority.

..because climbing conflicts with my personal interests.

so may I ask why you do it?

In part Martyn I agree with you but then again it is all about sport specificity as you should know.

Fit for hat? training 5 days a week will not make you a tree climber. climbing trees will make you a tree climber. On the flipside climbing trees won't make you a fitness guru.

what are you defining your fitness on? Actual targets exceeded or looking like you should be on the cover of Mens Health?