the body language of Decay, The Delights of D

Have you any shots of cuticularis fruiting around the sites of wrinkly socks?

Not disagreeing, I think you're probably spot on with your observations, makes big sense.

Though personally I think I've only ever come across fruiting bodies at wounds, & not been aware of wrinkles.. Probably me just not seeing it at the time.

Will keep a look out for tell tale signs next time.

David, next time your at BB absorb the feel of the old pollards, many of these display the symptoms of Inonotus cuticularis and fruit frequently within the cavities. The fungi appears to cavitate, but is cleary modifying the living wood (though mainly decaying the ripewood) partialy in the cases I observe.

And yes, it is the relationship of form WITH fruitbodies that has led me to my theory, over many many observations, i may seem quick to make conclusions at times, but it takes me a while before I am sure enough to "share" my insane thoughts!:laugh1:

The association of "rare" and cuticularis likely makes this observation scantily verified....Does oak or other "thicker" barked tree species not host Inonotus cuticularis? Wrinkly socks are for wimps but do you really see it in other species so readily?

Beech are great for this...as are the eucs of Australia.

The association of "rare" and cuticularis likely makes this observation scantily verified....Does oak or other "thicker" barked tree species not host Inonotus cuticularis? Wrinkly socks are for wimps but do you really see it in other species so readily?

Beech are great for this...as are the eucs of Australia.

Bundle, while i realy, no seriously... realy appreciate where your coming from, i can assure you my knowledge comes from personal experience, this is the only way to really know whats going on out there, and "rare" is NOT in anyway shape nor form how i would describe I. cuticularis, in fact that term is laughable, did you know that pfiefferi is also considered a rarity?

i found 12 beeches hosting it this weekend, and shall post some for you later.

I dont trust everything I read Bundle, not by a long stretch as far as a great many things ive read are concerned there is "much room for improvement" but thats science, thats what we do, take what is currently known and enhance it, modify, refine and prove or dissprove theories or previous assumptions.

I know its hard to believe that me, a man with barely a GCSE to his credit is capable of knowing things that contradict "current scientific knowledge" but I am not so foolish as to suggest something on this level of observation if i wasnt 100% confidant that within my time iether I or someone else will prove this correct:001_smile:

So many of your replies seem to reflect this disbelief in what I do because it contradicts so frequently with your more book based knowledge, is this a fair assumption?

letting go of all you know, letting go of knowledge is hard to do, but to move forward, to think with an open mind and with the eyes of an inquisitive and questioning child, we first have to start over, by letting go.

i never had any knowledge to let go of in the first place, thats been to my advantage!:001_cool:

If I was to take you to see this theory in all its verbal and fruitfull pressence would you feel more secure? when shall we go to the woods again my friend?

Oaks display it too, but im trying to show the extremes because i used to take all this for granted, but then others "dont get it" so im sharing, as is my nature, would you wish me to stop and wait until i can produce this work in a scientific journal? where it will be of limited use

", is this a fair assumption?"

No mate...you're reading way too much into my comment. I merely asked as you are far more switched onto the fungi than am I. ( you seem to think I am more than the underachiever I am my friend!)

Please stop putting yourself down. i say less as I frankly have little of significance to say!

Rewind matey...You gotta let go this obsession with what other people know, think they know and so on. I am sorry that you haven't grasped that I think your contributions to this site are great, much needed and , for me anyway, regularly transform the topics of forum posts....

I have followed many of your threads as i find your perspective to be hugely entertaining and knowledgeable. That you didn't go to skool or whatever is the problem, only enhances what I take from your erudite observations.....

Now, can we just forget that I piss you off and get back on topic ....?I have already said it has the makings of a great thread, and so it does!

Edited by Bundle 2

No mate...you're reading way too much into my comment. I merely asked as you are far more switched onto the fungi than am I. ( you seem to think I am more than the underachiever I am my friend!)

Please stop putting yourself down. i say less as I frankly have little of significance to say!

Rewind matey...You gotta let go this obsession with what other people know, think they know and so on. I am sorry that you haven't grasped that I think your contributions to this site are great, much needed and , for me anyway, regularly transform the topics of forum posts....

I have followed many of your threads as i find your perspective to be hugely entertaining and knowledgeable. That you didn't go to skool or whatever is the problem, only enhances what I take from your erudite observations.....

Now, can we just forget that I piss you off and get back on topic ....?I have already said it has the makings of a great thread, and so it does!

Word.

I went to the Swedish Tree Association annual meeting last week and listened to a highly respected scientist (Shes got all the letters to her name...) she talked about her papers she has done on dissecting 280 trees with various fungal decay and how the different decaypatterns correspond to the outer signs of decay... YOU Mr Hama would have put on a 1000times better talk with greater significance to the subject and bigger relevans to reality!

Edited by Xerxses

, increasingly i find pholiota aurivella in attendence, but as I am going to be starting a paper on these soon I am certain i will find that the pressence of P. aurivella is not significant, at least not in the language.

[ATTACH]52240[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52242[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52243[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52244[/ATTACH]

I have the perfect tree for you tony.......theres a beech i know with aurivella and it has just finished its second fruiting this year from the same wound......first time may time and then about a month and a bit a ago......is this unusual?.

Sorry Tim, sometimes your hard to read, and being the kinda guy who is always willing to argue his point, I sometimes revert to defense mode, something i have gotten accustomed to!:001_smile:

I am used to being told what i can and cant say due to my "position" in life, not really obssesed with what others know, just pissed off with others telling me what i dont know!

We are all flawed, my flaw is in my inferiority complex, it is the thing that drives my need to prove myself, and whilst currently i am doing a good job of turning that flaw to an asset when I get it wrong as in this case its a dissapointment for me as it just proves there is still a deep seated insecurity that presents each and everytime i sense that someone is suggesting i am less than i know myself to be.

It was this first line i read wrong, the red mist got the better of me!

"The association of "rare" and cuticularis likely makes this observation scantily verified"

I thought you was saying that this would be hard to prove, but now I see you mean there have been few observations to verify my own observations!:lol:

last posting in this thread, its relevence is obvious!

last post because this was meant to be more than it is, practice makes perfect as they say.... must try harder.

oh and bundle, what does "erudite" mean! no seriously!

So inonotus cuticularis- the wrinkly sock maker extrordinaire, take it or leave it, the truth is.....:001_cool:

597658b067be1_Cagepollard060.jpg.3825022c6f2bdf2dca4915f313d9f55a.jpg

597658b06a012_Cagepollard316.jpg.c112e044c4fbcbffb329219cea7d1deb.jpg

597658b06be05_Cagepollard320.jpg.4a3a6511c99d0906d4231153b2a6a73a.jpg

597658b06deb8_Cagepollard323.jpg.d2db00ee3e74b84cc36f82d4e4110da8.jpg

last posting in this thread, its relevence is obvious!

last post because this was meant to be more than it is, practice makes perfect as they say.... must try harder.

oh and bundle, what does "erudite" mean! no seriously!

So inonotus cuticularis- the wrinkly sock maker extrordinaire, take it or leave it, the truth is.....:001_cool:

[ATTACH]52295[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52297[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52298[/ATTACH][/quote

why is it the last posting tony???:confused1::confused1: