Skogselmea 26-28 May 2011

Les Cork

When is the larger event?

If this smaller show is still a good one I would be up for it. I have only been to Scandinavia once before but loved it. Well up for a return trip.

The larger event will be held 2013...

Elmia Wood, the No.1 international forestry fair is back in 2013. | Elmia

This fair is only the worlds fifth biggest fair, whereas the Elmia Wood is the biggest!

Some 33.000 people attended last time...and around 300 exhibitioners.:001_smile:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re elmea 2011

I am waiting for some prices for cheaper hotels near Jonkoping, when i get the details i will post on here, there are flights from Ryan air and easy jet to Gothenburg and Copenhagen average is about £60.00 return plus extra bags and taxes.

I will talk to Husky to see if we could visit either on Wed 25th, Thurs 26th or Fri 27th.

An itinery can be made to allow travel time, if this is to work we need to all be arriving within a window from different airports.

Once booked we are duty bound to get the "Arbtalk on tour" T shirts made !

I wonder just how many will want to go ?

How many contacts in Sweden can help ? i will ask my collegues in Svenska Blount if they can negotiate a good hotel or lodges as well, looking at the website there are a few to choose from.

I bet a few dealers will want to go as well.

Re Elmea 2011

There are some hotels still available at around £100.00 per night for twin beds, i will hear early next week about holiday rental chalets which sleep up to 10 for about £300-400 a week. This could be a cheap option. Although we will be further in the countryside.

A SUV from Gothenberg airport is about £950 and will take 6 in comfort or 8 with bags under feet so could be the cheapest way of getting around over the week at £100-120 each.

So as a rough guide

Flights £60.00

carpark airport £25.00

SUV hire £110

Rental home each £50-100

or hotel 3 nights £150 each

Entrance to show TBC

Fuel costs divided by 6 or 8 @ 20mpg = 30 gallons at whatever the Swedish fuel rate is.

Grub and drinks TBC

i guess about £400-£450 each unless we can be thrifty.

Can Swedish Arbtalkers fill in the gaps re fuel, show costs etc

Once a confirmed price option is available then it's book it and start saving £25.00 a week should do it.

There are hundreds of houses to rent so multiples of hire car/van will work well.

I will drive one for starters, i'm used to LHD all over Europe and the USA.

Unless you want to fly to Stockholm then fly to Jonkoping ?

SAS operates to Copenhagen and then Copenhagen-Jönköping, might be a bit pricey, but one option...

Petrol and Derv fluctuates, but around 1.14/litre seem to be the price at the moment

Dont know about entrance though as of yet.

Elmia Wood was;

Adults/day - 300 kr

Adults/several days - 440 kr

Group (from 15 people) 10 %

One day - 270 kr

Several days - 396 kr

Magnus off this forum should know more, he lives down there I think

• 2 months later...