biomass

Charleton Chips

Hi Josy123 as far as i know you cant use an ordinary shredder for chip type biomass as you get too many long shards.

If its green waste like the power stations use then i think its ok. You'd need to be producing artic loads of it to make it pay though.

biomass in this country i think is still a fair way off being accepted, but to be accepted the product needs to be a standard size to fit most smaller boilers, g30 and g40 for larger applications, the heizohacks, jenzs and musmaxs etc all produce a fairly consistant product with the use of slither screens or breakers, arb chip from tree surgeons chppers can still be sold to power stations for arouund £10/t

• 1 month later...
thanks 4 the information is they many jenz mus max heizohack used chipper for sale. i have a Biomatic 85 TPS will this be ok for biomass production

Hey Josy

your Gandini would be good enough for large scale places like the power stations (if you have enough of it) but not for for individual boilers that are fed with augers as the odd shapes will block or jam the feed system. There is a heizohack for sale in the classified section.

Cheers