Petition to reduce fuel duty.

Bushbaby

I doubt even sufis have much time for free loaders, be they poor white trash or corperate reptiles!!!

Not sure your right about that Lee. I think they `have time' for all peoples. Especially the disadvantaged. When a persons consiousness expands through mystical devotion, it increases compassion and empathy for all of creation. This is the way for the enlightened being. I am in no way suggesting I am enlightened. It's good to have goals though.

So if I get the thrust of things on this forum right; diesel is expensive because there are too many poor people?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did not attack the weak and poor just the people that are a drain on the country..

Care to clarify your feelings on this matter with respect to fuel prices/petition/tax and the language you use. Your post was misleading as it seemed you were attacking the poorest, sorry didn't understand that no hopers meant the rich and advantaged, didn't know that dead wood meant tax evaders and corporate criminals. It wasn't clear. I thought you meant asylum seekers and benefit claimers. My mistake. Apologies.

At the real risk of getting my head banged against my VHS collection of the money programme; is it not one of a governments remits to raise money through taxation? Government coffers are our coffers are they not? Isn't taxation the way we afford our way of life? I'm sure we all have our own ideas on how the money can be spent. isn't it the existence of so many disparate ideas the reason that taxation is as high as it is? My waste is your viable policy etc. Do you have a better system? I'd happily pay more income tax if it resulted in zero homeless, better NHS care, education etc etc. I like tax!

Too much of the tax revenue is wasted on a bloated bureaucracy, at all levels, coupled with inefficient governmental departments( partly due to increased centralisation) and EU funding etc. It is our money but we are allowed very little say in how it is spent or collected. For all the extra money that has been put into education and the NHS, the improvemnts are minimal at best and in the case of education risable.

Reduce government to a more local level and make it accountable to a local electorate - this would be a start. It would also allow prioritisation at a local level according to a mandate from the electorate. High taxation simply increases the avoidence of tax and is a powerful disincentive to achievement.

If you really like tax that much you can pay more if you wish, by means of a voluntary tax payment. Just ask you local tax office, I'm sure they will help you out!

I thought you were a Christian? I see the compassion that Christ preached hasn't rubbed off on you then?

Is it OK to call people in a less advantaged position no hopers or dead weight? The hypocrisy of Christianity is smacking me right in the face here.

State benefits are there as a cushion. Some people on benefits are scoundrels for sure, but the great proportion of them need the benefits they receive. Drop me into any town in any part of the UK and by the end of the day I would have a job and a roof over my head. This is because I am resourceful and able bodied, a good work ethic was nurtured in me by my parents. I also happen to be a well spoken amiable white man. Not everyone is the same. Are the wheelchair bound no hopers or dead weight, are the mentally challenged dead weight no hopers? The long term unemployed `scroungers' are so few in number, the amount of money they sponge off us is insignificant compared to the tax evaders, the tax dodgers and the off shore tax havens that have been denying this country revenue. But it's always the weakest that get picked on, time and time again, last time I looked that was the activity of bullies. We should not look down to see who is harming our tax system but up at the captains of industry, who have stolen from us. Anyone know anyone who has tried to evade tax? Name and shame the real bandits.

I/we are white males in a western democracy, it is not becoming for us to be so judgmental, when we are so privileged.

Hey Christreeroot! I'm the godless atheist here. How do you like them apples?

I can't understand the point you are trying to make. Or if there is one what it has to do with the rate of fuel duty?

I can't understand the point you are trying to make. Or if there is one what it has to do with the rate of fuel duty?

I thought the point I was making was obvious. I was replying to points made previously by Chistreeroot Lee and Mr Ed. The point I was making was that people tend to blame the weakest (financially, physically and politically) for their woes. I was trying to encourage a more pragmatic approach to blame. At the same time as pointing out the usual hypocrisy found in Christianity.

I agree with you about de-centralized government to a point, but it does encourage a ghettoized society if taxation is not more centralized. I'm not advocating unadulterated redistribution of wealth, but I do believe that those who have should look after those who don't (have wealth power motivation intellect advantage etc). A philosophy I had been lead to believe was rife within the Christian church. I was mislead. What's this all got to do with the petition to reduce the cost of fuel? Well I think everything is connected in a string theory kind of way, but I'm not wholly responsible for the slight derailment. Clear? As mud.