insurance

eggsarascal

hi all,who do you chaps use for insurance,ive just been turned down on insurance by the nfu,was trying to get cover for my kubota 820 plus firewood processor and was told that because the tractor and processor were not at my address they would not provide cover,tractor and processor are stored in a barn that i rent a few miles up the road.any ideas who i should try next,many thanks in advance.Simon

hi all,who do you chaps use for insurance,ive just been turned down on insurance by the nfu,was trying to get cover for my kubota 820 plus firewood processor and was told that because the tractor and processor were not at my address they would not provide cover,tractor and processor are stored in a barn that i rent a few miles up the road.any ideas who i should try next,many thanks in advance.Simon

That has just made my blood boil!!!! do not trust nfu. I have every insurance you can think of but when i got my container broke into at our yard (and took £15,000 worth) they would not pay out BECAUSE it was our home address???!!! I was honest 100% when i took out the policy 5 years beforehand because i've never understood why lie to the insurance to get a cheap premium as if the worst happens you'll only be cheating yourself. So after paying out many thousands of pounds on premiums when it's their turn to stand by their employees advise i was told that i was only insured at the ''Contract'' address and not at the yard. So i can leave all my tools on the contracts address unlocked and they will be insured but un insured if i lock them up in a container 60 feet from the house?!! Ended up claiming on the house insurance with the out buildings section. On a positive about nfu.... have you tryed insuring the tractor third party fire and theft as this covers any impliment upto a individual value of £15,000. Sounds crazy i know but my david brown 996 costs £90 odd and it covers all the processors, trailers, post drivers etc basically anything that can go behind it.

On a positive about nfu.... have you tryed insuring the tractor third party fire and theft as this covers any impliment upto a individual value of £15,000. Sounds crazy i know but my david brown 996 costs £90 odd and it covers all the processors, trailers, post drivers etc basically anything that can go behind it.

I think that cover only applies to 3 point link (PTO driven) machinery and the drive for the processor is not disclosed within the thread.

I insure with the NFU and have the equipment owned by my business but housed at my home which is not operated at the same address. Maybe you should pop in and see them face to face as I've always found the local NFU folks bend over backwards kind of peeps though it has to be said I haven't ever had to submit a claim. If the processor is on a 3 point link (PTO driven) then you won't find a cheaper option to cover both the tractor and processor if you can sort the logistics out with the NFU.

Edited by baz

I was just going to pose a similar question as I am due to take delivery of a firewood processor that will be stored at my friends premises. Trust have quoted £530 for the processor and log deck whilst the local NFU office said they would not cover firewood businesses at all.