Camon c150 Chipper

grumpydavesmith

Hi all

Been offered one of these machines for not alot of money. just wanna know if they any good for a small chipper?? or would i be better off splashing out on a greenmech 100??

Any help or advice much appreciated

Dave

i think the camon is more of a shredder and does not have a discharge shute it dumps the chips on the ground (i think)

i got a demo of one of the gtm chippers (gts900) at the apf and was very impressed and it was a lot cheaper than the greenmech

GTM Professional

i think the camon is more of a shredder and does not have a discharge shute it dumps the chips on the ground (i think)

i got a demo of one of the gtm chippers (gts900) at the apf and was very impressed and it was a lot cheaper than the greenmech

GTM Professional

Hi Robert

Please let me know how you get on with the GTM as they have asked us to be agents for them. :001_smile::001_smile:

Hi Robert

Please let me know how you get on with the GTM as they have asked us to be agents for them. :001_smile::001_smile:

What? be agents for them and risk losing the GreenMech deal? Hmmm:sneaky2:

Sometimes yes, a dealer can "multi-brand" but if there is too much conflict, then the one brand will say "Ours or theirs - make your choice"!

How many outfits do you know that sell TW and GM or any other combination of chipper for that matter.

If you owned a shop then politics will become a factor in your life. What you sell and where you sell it can dictate the terms that you buy in at, and what product range is available too you.

Some machinery dealers, John Deere, for example, make it very difficult for you to stock any other range of machinery because if you want to remain a John Deere dealer then your skin is green and you bleed yellow. Anything else just ain't gonna happen.

• 2 years later...

Hi, newbie here.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it could be a warning to the unwary.

I hired a badly maintained camon c 150 and it gave me plenty of grief.

I exchanged it for a shiny newer version which was much better.

But, I have to say, it was still problematic to work with.

Unless the brash was in the exact configuration that the machine liked, then it would take ages for the cutters to accept it.

My old grandpappy used to say 'work like a fox,not like an ox', but I certainly 'oxed' it today.

It's good feature is that, disassembled, it does fit on the back of a low roof panel van.

But I would not regard it as a machine for a full time arborist.

I find it amazing how many 'hire' machines are a pile of shite! Poorly maintained and blades on some chippers must be blunt as....!!

Amazing that if there is a problem, it must be something you have done!?

I'd rather rent in a man and his personal machine - most of the time!