Redundant

monkeypuzzle22

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being constructive by sitting on Arbtalk and learning some stuff so...

That's my excuse for looking in on here - nothing to do with needing a distraction from work! :biggrin: To be fair though it is a great information source and I find it a good place to learn a few things from knowledgeable and experienced people.

The biggest problem I had with going self employed was giving up the apparent security of being employed by someone else. Fortunately I was made redundant, otherwise I would probably be still working for the same company - overall it is much nicer to not have a boss.

That's my excuse for looking in on here - nothing to do with needing a distraction from work! :biggrin: To be fair though it is a great information source and I find it a good place to learn a few things from knowledgeable and experienced people.

The biggest problem I had with going self employed was giving up the apparent security of being employed by someone else. Fortunately I was made redundant, otherwise I would probably be still working for the same company - overall it is much nicer to not have a boss.

Thanks Giles...and the guys saying something constructive. I agree entirely with what you have said about feeling secure being employed by a large company or organisation. I have focussed on one side of the industry and have hit it in its slower period! I am still young in my career so i still have time to achieve my ambitions. I do feel what has happened this last few days will turn out to be a positive...

Oh and i wouldn't mid helping out new people, i helped a so called "older" chap at my last place of work improve his climbing and helped him through his NPTC training. I'm sure many people on this site would offer to help you in the world of Arboriculture!:thumbup1:

Oh to be so wise, we have all put our foot in it, had a little skive and done things we maybe shouldn't have unfortunately now there is a trail its called the history button lol:001_rolleyes:. If you worked for me and you said you had been on Arbtalk for 4 hours, i would ask what you have learnt. If you could then show me some new knots, tell me something about fungi or find a good deal on some kit or new techniques then i would say nice one BUT there is always something needing done BUT until you are the boss then you wont get this, put it down to experience, send your old employer a letter thanking him for the work, apologise if you were out of line , don't make excuses and leave with out a bitter taste in your mouth. People love to point to others when they do something wrong, it takes the focus out of their own mishaps or naughty things. As long as you are fit and healthy then everything else is a bonus:001_smile:

Thanks Stephen and this was the case, they had not moaned and were fully aware that i was on Arbtalk, hence no problems...i directed them towards Marcus BT-S??thread and they are keen to find out more about his photo idea...

I will be leaving on good terms because i have not slated the company, i don't think it was a terrible period of my life and it is not my boss fault that our client cannot raise anymore funds. I was also taught that my previous employers in the future may provide you with valuable oppurtunities. Oh and i wasn't rude in the post!

Thanks...

HI I really wish you the best of luck what ever happened to you . going self employed is a great way forward its the best thing I ever did . so Far its been fun and more fun all the way I put lots of hard work into it and it works go for it if you really want to do it and prepared to put the work in behind it you will reap the rewards big time .

Good luck

Littltree:thumbup: