Natures perfect Stunt Fell

T14EES T14UNK

Thought someone would of mentioned leaving a long log many a giggle has been had

It is certainly taught and discussed in CS34 training and assessments.

I am not saying this was a prime example of when to do it as i was not there.

But the right person doing it in the right situation is not always bad

NPTC | Assignment Schedules

Part 2 section 4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was lucky for the customer mate il put a couple of pics on in a bit of one we done at the weekend. I used to have a picture of a stem which had broke off in a storm, the picture was taken from up the tree it was amazing it had gone through an open gateway and there was greenhouses around it etc few inches either way and it would have done a lot of damage

lol. the boss felled a heavily leaning Ash proceding as normal thinking the tree was perfectly sound last winter. Unfortunately when he had bored the centre out to prevent a barbers chair occuring the whole coppice stool fell apart. The biggest stem flattened a neighbouring barn. We put it down to an act of god but the farmer was certain it was my boss taking off the leaning stem that caused it to fail. He only tapped the top of the stem and it went over. The stool went over about 30 mins after. Do you think we imbalanced the stool even though it was pretty much ready to split anyway?

ye. we are having constant arguments with the farmer as his cattle keep going onto the old railway line and trash the surface and the slopes. So this winter we are going to fell a big lot of ash and sycamore and put a nice 6 foot high stock proof bridleway spec fence along the top of the embankment and then charge him for the fencing.