Fungi photo competition- win hamas camera!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phew, that took a while!

so wanna know what i reckon!.......

well im adding a 4th place, to sal for the phalus impudicus, for being the best illustration of species, the prize a book entitled "from another kingdom" a wonderful new book out that i picked up at the BMS open meeting saturday, youll love this book sal. A truly great image, and well deserved.

Now, third goes to SJH i cant remember the photo now! will go back and dig it out but know your all waiting!

2nd, armachair arborist, again cant remember the photo till i go back but time is getting on so later will put it up.

1st, well come on guys, I love a bracket, and even more a bracket on something i least expected. anyone wanna guess!

just for a laugh and tease a while!

Wow I won something, to be honest I have really enjoyed this comp and there has been some quality photos entered by all, I really enjoyed searching out those fungi, you have set a quality comp here and good on you for donating the prizes, well done Darren for winning the camera mate.

ooo i nearly said that one, woulda been my next answer!

Your entries made it hard too, i wish i had a dozen cameras to hand out, youve all made this highly enjoyable.

This comp will be repeated, and already thinking about what theme to run.

everything in my house is in boxes at the moment 9renovations, major ones!0 so give me a few days to sort things out, as i didnt want the plaster dust gettting in anything, its a nightmare here at the mo!

PM me your addresses too, and any posting requests i.e leaving with nieghbour if no one home etc

ive really enjoyed this thread, and with 5k plus views it seems many others have too!

For those i could not identify, many I have now recognised going through them and shall endevour to put a few names up, its not always straight forward, especialy from images.

well done all, it was as entertaining in its interactions as in its entries! darrens enthusiasm and desire to win gave me many a giggle throughout!:lol:

Seriously?? I'm absolutely amazed. In fact after seeing the quality of some of the pics coming in I had given up and havent been checking the thread recently and I have been doing alot of private work and not had time to go into the woods.

Seriously. I'm gonna do a cry. Tony, you have made my day, no year. Expect to see me on one of your forays in the not so distant.

Seriously?? I'm absolutely amazed. In fact after seeing the quality of some of the pics coming in I had given up and havent been checking the thread recently and I have been doing alot of private work and not had time to go into the woods.

Seriously. I'm gonna do a cry. Tony, you have made my day, no year. Expect to see me on one of your forays in the not so distant.

I said it wasnt just about the quality of the photo itself, and you should never ever give up on something you want.:001_cool:

That bracket/host combo just floats my boat, but your a clear winner in many more ways besides the image, you had fun, went bananas keen and best of all made this a rather hillarious thread at times.

As for the foray, your more than welcome anytime:thumbup1: