Fungi photo competition- win hamas camera!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you trickster you!!:sneaky2::001_rolleyes:

I might not have been lying aswell though. If I admitted on here that I knew of a top secret ancient woodland where there is loads of rare fungi, I'd have Tony Knocking on my front door asking if was coming out fungi hunting. If that was to happen and my secret new found love for "funting" were to be made public, well......... I can only imagine the embarrassment and public humiliation.

Not sure wot these are but still cracking pics taken on a Fujifilm JV100 12 Megapixel.

First one is the lilac bonnet, lovely looking mycena species, usualy on beech?

:biggrin:Me also, stealth hunting is the way forward, although the next trip to Delamere, flat out on the ground with me little tripod, and one of them silver reflector things, that Hama's on about, its gonna get some funny looks.

I guess its one of the advantages of advancing years, that the careing what other people think gene seems to have less effect. :sneaky2:

Might as well throw in one of them little grow in the grass critters while I'm here.

Now THATS composition, nice to see you using the square format too Albedo, Ive been on it a lot lately, its perfect for plant/fungi portraits:001_cool:

lovely image, and I particulary like the darker area at the back with the lighter area upfront having a lead in line at an angle to the fram, sets it of a treat.

closest id i can find at the mo is Mucilago crustacea unlikely to be a correct id, growing on scots pine in the yard..:biggrin:

Im going to have to look this one up, I came across some aged brackets on a scots pine a while ago that may well have been the same, it has all the features of a postia, shall go see in a mo.

Thank you for your comments Hamma, our little camera lesson is paying off a bit now. That one was aided in composition by the magic grid. :001_smile:

Here is todays arty shroom,.......By the way I am banned from winning the camera, as I have the LX5 and it should go to a young skint arb who will appreciate it. I hope you don't mind me posting as it gives me a reason to play with my new toy. I think I may be breaking comp rules but I see the shroom and nature in this way at the moment more as a thing of beauty than a thing of learning about arb stuff.

This at the base of Quercus robur by the way, any ID's?:001_smile:

59765845dc0db_Test031a.jpg.78930cdf4f410c35d2d8d150f26f1140.jpg

59765845d85a7_Test036a.jpg.2fac52df475badfb192dc2935a0ac203.jpg

hard to say at those two shots, superb as they are indeed!

at a gues, maybe the lepiotas, probably the shaggy parasol or procera?

did you shoot the whole fung?

and if you thought i would give you the top prize ha ha ha, like you i am hoping that somone in need of this camera will present a fungi that is of special merit, not in image quality but just because its a cool fung. Its looking likely too, some lovely fungi coming in.

Actually H, you will be mortified that I didn't take a shot of the whole thing, I was in arty farty mode rather than fung hunter, the most I can find of it is this. It was big though, just opened up today to the size of your hand, or my hand ... depending on how big your hand is:001_rolleyes:

The above were heavily cropped in Silkypix by the way, and have lost some sharpness.

59765848ef1f5_Test030.jpg.2eafa7f70761aec5a7220a5f9e5e7fdc.jpg