Which Camera

RobArb

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sx30is_586x186.gif

Since posting last, I've settled on the Canon Powershot SX30. It has the 35X zoom lens, and its nickname is 'Stalker Cam'. Sitting on the dock, you can climb right in the boat.

the focal range on that is bonkers! 35mm equiv of 24-840mm.

i really want one you lucky &%$£ :001_tongue:

To show how the zoom capability makes the real difference, here are two shots with the 20X magnification Sony HX1.

I hope the server doesn't choke on the 625K file. Yup, it did. Dang.

The close up is cropped from the top 15' of the tree. The website has shrunk them.

Imagine the magnification at 35X on the Canon.

These photos are not crystal clear, as they would have been if taken with an SLR. The problem is that a lens this powerful for an SLR would be 2' long, weigh 4-5 kilos, and cost over $1,000 US! These cameras weigh only 1/2 kilo, and cost less than $350 US.

amonkeyPuzzle2.jpg.50e7f729dc986113b114dfa3dfddb525.jpg

aMonkeyPuzzle1.jpg.c55315a63aaa57012b88e68ea43d4330.jpg

mines a sony ericsson c902 - great macro, ok for rest, no good zoom!

free on orange!

just for laughs:001_tt2:

I had one as well but upgraded to the W995 and its even better If i take a pic of our tractor on the other side of the road i can zoom in on the pic and read the serial number! I use it more than my digital camera.

I have an Olympus MJu zoom 115 film camera that used to take really great pics for a compact but the shutter button was poor I had to use it on red eye flash so it took the pic while steady. I saw one sell on ebay for £5 damn thing was £240 when i got it!

The GF shakes every time she takes a pic I doubt she will ever get the jist of pressing the button without moving her hand lol

me luv's me mobi! always on full charge, in me pocket and can email or mms pics to!

got a lovely sony digital cam - i never use!

the c902 is 5mp and is only 108.0 x 49.0 x 10.5 mm - so it's handy up in tree!

here's one i took earlier.....

Blew the speaker in my c902, replaced it for £3.50 from ebay and watched a vid on youtube on how to take it apart. So its fixed and resigned to a spare

You ever use the "Best pic" feature, Ive picked out some good shots from that.

Hated those angled buttons for texts though.

For pics on the computer the mobile seems great, I use mine if i take anything apart i can zoom in and see where the wiring goes in 3 weeks when the bits arrive and also they cant argue about serial numbers when you need parts and have the pic of the number with you.

verystuckford.jpg

Old K800i pic.....