Stumpgrinding

melvyn

Aways better to poison the root and go back to grind especially if it willow or poplar it saves lots of suckers on the lawn or flowerbeds. Of corse not always necessary conifers ect. I would agree that as long as you have the main ball of the root is out thats enough.

Todays job remove 15 connifers stump grind to 6to 8 inch below ground and erect 12 meters of feather edge fencing access very poor called rogers plant hire Honley to ask about small stump grinder £35 plus vat the stump grinder was a little beauty praxis gx270 9hp best little grinder i have ever used easy to lift 2 men narrow and what a joy to use all 15 stumps out in 2 hours fence posts in should finish job thursday over the years lost count of the number of stump removal jobs that i have turned down because of poor access no problem with this little gem many thanks rogers plant hire

Todays job remove 15 connifers stump grind to 6to 8 inch below ground and erect 12 meters of feather edge fencing access very poor called rogers plant hire Honley to ask about small stump grinder £35 plus vat the stump grinder was a little beauty praxis gx270 9hp best little grinder i have ever used easy to lift 2 men narrow and what a joy to use all 15 stumps out in 2 hours fence posts in should finish job thursday over the years lost count of the number of stump removal jobs that i have turned down because of poor access no problem with this little gem many thanks rogers plant hire

I love it when a job goes well:thumbup:

I used to hire this grinder all the time until I borrowed another and realised just how blunt/poor the teeth were on the rodgers one and how under powered it is. I bought a very similar machine but 13hp and use decent teeth, that is a dream.

Kev

Guess i was lucky then teeth had just been fitted day before so ran like new no what you mean about rogers maintainance had a little 6 inch chipper for job at halifax builder had had it day before me and must have been chipping pallets nails and all they sent a fitter out to check machine and ended up having to take the chipper back for new blades and gave us a number of free days hire

Why dont you ask the person whos paying the bill what they expect from you & then price accordingly >

just a thought ...

What if you did that but the customers son decided he was not happy at having to dig through some fibrous roots to plant a new shrub even though the actual customer was delighted and paid up on the spot??