The fungal forays thread!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey david, i would have thrown a sicky to have photgraphed a hericium! next time you get a heads up get me in on the act! oh please please please!

got a little something on its way for you too, nothing special just a little reading material, got kiezer and rogers on route too!

Janey, don't go anywhere with that weirdo.

He's into showing strange lifeforms to people in Pub car parks after hours, even when the car park lights get turned off, and the landlord tries to make a subtle hint. :sneaky2::lol:

good luck on the hunt, if you do get to the Beeches :thumbup1:

Hericium agogo I reckons :biggrin:

Last weekend in October Im planning a foray in Frishden Beeches/ashridge park, great facilities there, and some fungi species we would have trouble finding elsehwere, it is the Home of the aurivella A.K.A the golden scaly cap and hericium cirrhatus the toothed bracket.

I will be this sunday 2nd october at Burnham Beeches at the cafe for 10 am, or if your earlier, give me a tinkle as I will be capitalising on early light for some tree scapes within the wood before you arrive.

Had a very quick trip into a neighbouring LA's small wood this morning.

Not a lot in there tbh, but i was amazed at how completely oblivious the local dog walkers were to me crouching down snapping the fung.

They had absolutely no idea I was there, I could given them all major coronaries. :sneaky2::lol:

IMG_7878.jpg.ef762d05e9aef5d522ef87fcc296db66.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg.8543c956ad463b7bc5ddb855b31857b5.jpg

A bloke nigh on fell off his bike in Ww when i stood up after a lay in the dirt shooting the fung! Its amazing how oblivious folk are as they walk the woods, its like they are there ONLY for walking the dog, or riding the bike and any periferal views are completley unoticed!

Wait till your fifteen feet up in a tree shooting a bracket, try saying hi to the passers by, then watch as they look around to see where it came from, hilarious fun i can tell you!

A bloke nigh on fell off his bike in Ww when i stood up after a lay in the dirt shooting the fung! Its amazing how oblivious folk are as they walk the woods, its like they are there ONLY for walking the dog, or riding the bike and any periferal views are completley unoticed!

Wait till your fifteen feet up in a tree shooting a bracket, try saying hi to the passers by, then watch as they look around to see where it came from, hilarious fun i can tell you!

>Im stuck with work over here... othervise i would come over for cider and a foray!!!! Eventhough im more of an ale man miself...

Done a few monoliths and retrenchments of trees with Climacodon septentrionalis and other issues...

When will the last foray weekend be? :blushing::sneaky2::confused1: